Are you avidly waiting to make an epic trek in the Himalayas? Do you want to walk in the mostly haunted mountain paradise in Earth? Or are you really passionate to capture the grandest overlapping panorama of Himalayan peaks? Now give vent to your obsession and get ready to make epic journey-the greatest adventure escapes in the Himalayas. Himalaya in South Asia is such a wonderful travel destination where you can make greatest adventure trek. Of course, you are travelling in Nepal and Tibet, the epic destinations in the Himalayas. During your epic trek at the foot of the Himalayan range, enjoys the culture and mountain vistas at the region of planet’s highest peaks. The Top 10 Epic Treks in the Himalayas are listed here.
1. The Everest Base Camp trek, the world’s most grandest epic trek, takes you to the yard of world-famous Sherpa, the culture of colorful prayer flags and Buddhism, the picturesque Namche Bazaar, the Sagarmatha National Park, the mightiest view-point-Kala Patthar, Everest Base Camp itself and close to four of the world’s six tallest peaks Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, and Cho-Oyu – those rise above everything else. In this greatest adventure trek, enjoy the Sherpa culture, mountain monasteries, picturesque landscapes and mighty vistas of Himalayan peaks.
2. The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the most spectacular treks in the world. Mt. Annapurna rises to 8091m and is the 10th highest mountain in the world. In this epic trek, you just imagine being in the company of some of the highest mountains on earth and the magnificence of the sunrise over the snow-capped Himalayas. This stimulating trek to Annapurna Base Camp passes through waterfalls, villages, farmlands, rhododendron forests, and mountain vistas. You also pass through a diverse geographical and cultural variation with amazing ranges of flora and fauna in between. Throughout this trek you enjoy the sheer magnificence of the Himalayas, including two mountains that are above eight thousand meters – Mt. Annapurna (8091 m) and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m).
3. Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes, another epic walk in the stunning Everest region, takes you to fabulous Gokyo Valley, source of grand Dudh Koshi River – the large Ngojumba Glacier, the famous Cho La pass, and the celebrated view points of Gokyo Ri and Kala Patthar along with Everest Base Camp. The journey further traverses through the landmarks of Everest region in the company of majestically soaring mountains, friendly Sherpas, colorful monasteries and prayer flags, the Namche Bazzar, the Sagarmatha National Park, and many more. Many trekkers wish to visit the Gokyo valley and they feel their Everest trek incomplete if they happen to miss the trip to Gokyo Valley, Gokyo Peak, and the famous pass, Cho La. The entire area is blessed with abounding natural beauty of shimmering lakes. Beyond the tranquil glacial lakes, you can enjoy 360 degree panoramic views of four above 8000 meter massifs and other mighty mountain ranges from the best view-point of Everest Region, the Gokyo Ri.
4. Makalu Base Camp Trek, another heroic trek in the Himalayas, makes a journey to the base camp of world’s fifth highest mountain. Mount Makalu is a close neighbor of Mt Everest, lying in the northeast region of Nepal. The trek begins from Tumlingtar of mid-eastern Nepal, an hour’s flight from Kathmandu. Following the beautiful Barun river valley in the Makalu Barun National Park, you cross various high passes and lakes. While trekking, you rise from lowland of Tumlingtar on the Arun River to one of the highest Base Camps on earth, the Makalu Base Camp at 5000 meter. While on the way to the Makalu Base Camp, you will enjoy the views of the highest mountains such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Chamlang, Mt. Baruntse and other mighty Himalayan mountains along with Makalu (8481m) itself. Furthermore, a large variety of endangered flora and fauna are protected in the region.
5. Everest Advanced Base Camp Trek in Tibet, the dramatic walk in Tibet, enhances you to experience the beautiful mountainous landscapes of Tibet. Likewise epic trek exposes you with Tibet’s rich culture and history. Beyond acquainted with Tibetan culture and history, the trek will also be full of adventure and fun. Besides, you will visit popular landmarks in Tibet like Dalai Lama’s Potala and Norbulingka Palaces, ancient monasteries like Tashilhunpo, Sera, Drepung, Rongbuk, and Sakya, explore Namtso Lake, and finally reach the Everest Advanced Base Camp, your ultimate stunning destination. Basically, the trek begins from Lhasa and ends in Kathmandu. In nutshell, the trek takes you to the advanced base camp of the north face of Mt. Everest-the highest mountain in the world, and offers you cultural experience of Tibet.
6. Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a spectacular walk on foot to the South Face of Annapurna I. It is a fantastic hike through the ethnically diverse villages and forests assorted by flora and fauna. In the hike, you explore the way upstream along the Modi Khola into the Annapurna Sanctuary, a valley surrounded by towering Himalayan peaks including the breathtaking Machhapuchhare (6,993m). This trek also provides an opportunity to experience the glimpses of sunrise view over the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges from Poon Hill. Traversing through valleys, villages, rivers, waterfalls, and forests and enjoying the magnificence view of nature, the trek passes through more crystal clear views of the unconquered Machhapuchhare peak. The peaks of Annapurna-III (7,600m) and Annapurna-IV (7,400m) are visible from this point and the gigantic glacier of Machhapuchhare makes its presence felt.
7. Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is basically known for its religious value, cultural significance, spiritual importance and thrilling nature. The celestial beauty of Mount Kailash is not only fascinating, it is also one of the greatest pilgrimage destinations for Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Bon religions from around the world. The Kailash region also includes the two turquoise-blue, pristine high-altitude lakes and that are Mansarovar and Rakshesa. Another uniquely contributing fact to the spiritual aspect of Kailash is that four most sacred rivers of the Indian sub-continent begin from here and those are Sutlej, Karnili, Brahmaputra and Indus.
8. Jomsom Muktinath Trek, continuing along the Kali Gandaki River Gorge, you reach to the view point of splendid peaks of Annapurna-I and Dhaulagiri. In this epic trek, you explore the years old monastery, caves, local tribes and scenic beauties of the different landscapes. The trekking experience of this region will be most rewarding once you make an adventurous start from world’s deepest gorge to the world’s highest regions passing through an almost tree-less barren landscape, and panoramic views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several other peaks. The trek gets interesting once the trekkers pass through Jomsom and Kagbeni, the entry point of upper Mustang. The grandeur of the region intensifies as the first glimpse of the windy Tibetan Plateau on the way to the holy Hindu pilgrimage site, Muktinath (3800m). From Muktinatht downhill to Jomsom, you land into the land of “Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang”, and get a glimpse of the ancient traditions still in practice.
9. Upper Mustang Trek encompasses a spectacular remote Trans-Himalayan mountain area with Tibetan cultural influence. The Upper Mustang region also known as the “Last Forbidden Kingdom” is a treasure trove of thousand years’ old monastery, caves, local tribes and scenic beauties of the different landscapes. The epic journey starting from world’s deepest gorge to the world’s highest regions of Lo-Mangthang Valley passes through an almost tree-less barren landscape, a steep rocky trails and astounding views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several other peaks. The surprising fact of this region is that the thousands years of isolation has kept the culture, lifestyle and heritage of this region intact.
10. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking, one of the top 10 epic treks in the Himalayas, gives you a chance to intermingle with the prosperous culture and society of north-eastern corner of Nepal. Kanchenjunga (8,586m) is considered as one of the most beautiful mountain massifs in the world. The circuit trekking is popular among nature enthusiasts as it is a long adventure to the most remote and beautiful area of Himalayas in Nepal. Besides mountain views, the trek also offers you an opportunity to explore rich flora and fauna of the Kanchenjunga region.