Of course, everyone needs a visa to enter into Nepal except Indian nationals. Getting visa is fortunately an easy process. On arrival at Nepal’s only international airport in Kathmandu, you will find electronic kiosks that will assist your visa processing. Taking the completed form and paying the visa fee, you will stay in the immigration queue for your visa-on-arrival. However, tourists from AFG, IRQ, CMR, GHA, SOM, SWZ, PSE, ZWE, NGA, ETH and LBR are not given visa on arrival. Nepal visa information for all categories of travelers and their correspondence cost can be found at http://nepalimmigration.gov.np/
Getting Your Visa Online
Visitors can now apply for online visa within 15 days of your arrival date in Nepal. For this, you will need your Nepal hotel address and a digital passport-sized photo that needs to be uploaded in the application. After submitting the form online, you need to print out the confirmation page which has to be shown at the immigration section in Kathmandu airport along with your passport and the visa fee. To apply for your online visa, you can click HERE:
Getting Your Visa at an Embassy or Consulate of Nepal
Travelers can easily apply for Nepali visa at the local Nepali Embassy or Consulate located in your country. Or, you may even mail your visa application to the visa office near your location, but well ahead of time for the processing time that it may require. For more information and contact details of the Nepali Embassies and Consulate around the world, you may click HERE:
Some useful Tips
- Get ready with you some cash to pay for the visa fee. US$ is preferred but currencies like EU€, CHf, GB£, AU$, CA$, HK$, SG$ and JP¥ are also acceptable.
- Make sure that your passport has a validity of at least six months.
- Before landing in Kathmandu, fill out the disembarkation card provided to you on the plane so that you can quickly get on the immigration queue at the arrival hall.
- During the peak tourist seasons in the months of October, November, April and May, the airport gets flooded with foreign tourists in huge numbers. So it is advised that you complete your visa form online prior to arrival to save time standing in long queues. (While applying for a visa online, you will need your hotel address. Please ask a Himalayan Glacier consultant to assist you and he/she will happily support you).
- Carry with you at least 4-5 recently clicked passport-sized photos for trekking permits, purchasing a SIM card.
- Please make sure to carry extra copies of your passport with you; it is always handy during your travel in Nepal.