- Discover the land of Happiness
- Be part of life in one of the world’s most isolated countries
- Walk through unspoiled Himalayan wilderness
- Immerse into the pristine and historic Paro Valley
- Witness Taktsang Monastery built on the side of a cliff
- Have a glimpse of Takin, Bhutan’s national animal
The Kingdom of Bhutan, the land of Thunder Dragon, is a landlocked country situated in the eastern Himalayas between Tibet in the north and India in the south. It has a rugged and mountainous landscape with snow-capped peaks and glacier covered terrain in the north. It furthermore has impelling Himalayan peaks in the center and heavily forested foothills and subtropical plains in the south.
The land of Thunder Dragon has long maintained a policy of strict isolationism, both culturally and economically and as a result the Bhutanese culture is one of the oldest and well preserved cultures in the world. Strictly saying, it has only been in the recent decades of the 20th century that foreigners have been allowed to visit the country only in limited numbers.
Bhutan is a destination that costs a little more to experience. Himalayan Glacier works with you to design an itinerary that meets your budget. We too have developed many opportunities to allow academic groups to enjoy the warmth of the Bhutanese people, the unique cultural heritage of Bhutan as well as the stunning mountain vistas and untouched wilderness of Bhutan.