Are you making a plan for winter Tibet tour? Do you want to cover the “Roof of the World” at your Explore Tibet or Explore Lhasa tour in this winter? Do not worry? Tibet welcomes you in this winter with hospitable environment despite being cold season.
Because of the high altitude, Tibet is known as snow-covered area and a winter tour there is taken no account of by most visitors. However, it is still possible and loved by thousands of visitor to make a trip to Tibet in the winter season. Here are listed the 6 reasons that make nice winter tour of Tibet.
1. With its flat land and mild weather, Lhasa is free of both freezing winters and unbearably hot summers, having an annual average daily temperature of 8 degrees C (43 degrees F).
2. It enjoys more than 3,000 hours of sunshine annually. In fact it is called the “Sunlit City.” In winter, it rarely snows in Lhasa.
3. Though night is cold in Tibet, you can always find a warm room from where you can have magnificent experience of Tibet.
4. You can even cross Himalayas into Nepal from Tibet and winter is the best time to visit Nepal.
5. Even visiting for Everest Advanced Base Camp Trek in Tibet is possible in the winter.
6. The bright sun with healthy air shines the golden roofs of Potala, Jokhang, Sera, and Drepung and Kyichu River flows with the glory. Tourists find much the same in other places, such as Nyingchi and Shigatse.