Langtang Valley Trek-10 Days
Camping at Langtang Valley
On the way to Tsergo Ri
A part of Langtang Himalayan Range seen on the way to Lirung Glacier
On the top of Tsergo Ri (4984 m)
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Langtang Valley is the nearest Himalayan Region from Kathmandu valley, few hours drive from Kathmandu will take you to the beautiful Langtang region. Despite being very close to Kathmandu, the Langtang Region is as wild as any Tibetan highlands with idyllic rural landscape. The people living in the highlands of the Langtang region are certainly Nepalese but being the descendant of the Tibetan origin, they look like the Tibetans. Hence, Langtang region is one of the most popular trekking regions for those wishing a short trek from Kathmandu into the Himalayas influenced by Tibetan lifestyle. Moreover, accompanying with the varieties of rhododendron, bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of the most diverse treks nearby Kathmandu.
The 10 Days Langtang Valley Trek starts with a day's bus ride from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. We begin the walk from Syabrubesi. We head upward to Lama Hotel and Langtang village until we arrive at the famous Kanyanjing Gompa. After exploring the region, we trek the same route to Syabrubesi from where we drive back to Kathmandu.
Other similar treks that you might be interested in include: Langtang Valley Trek with Ganja La Pass - 14 Days
, Helambu Trek - 12 days
, and Langtang, Gosainkunda, & Helambu trek (Langtang Circuit Trek) - 16 days
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival in Kathmandu - 1,300m/4,264 ft
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport, you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking (HGT). After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative with ...read more »»
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 nights in 4-star hotel in Kathmandu ( Hotel Shanker or similar standard)
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- Normal bus transportation (Kathmandu-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu)
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination cash USD and two passport photographs )
- Private vehicle (Kathmandu-Syabrubesi-Kathmandu) (USD 400 for each jeep)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
The Trekking Group
For the Langtang Valley Trek, there will be one leader, assistant leader (4 trekkers:1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers:1 porter) This arrangement ensures that should any body in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Langtang valley Trek for group of any size, but generally we include maximum of twelve people as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Required
Our 10-days Langtang Trek is moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers who have ability to walk at least 5-6 hours a day with a light day pack. Some days, you ...read more »»
All accommodations for Langtang Valley Trek are on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, location, etc. There are two styles of accommodations during our trekking. You will spend three nights in a 4-star hotel, Hotel Shanker
or similar category hotel in Kathmandu, and during your trekking you will spend 6 nights in teahouse/lodge in which there are unheated rooms with wooden beds and foam mattresses. If you are a solo traveler, you will share a room with someone else of same sex of your group. If you prefer a single room, you may indicate your preference and get single rooms on request by paying single supplement USD 200. But, you need to understand that in teahouses/lodges of higher elevation area single room is not always feasible. We guarantee single room in Kathmandu and during trek in lower elevation areas but towards higher elevation single room is may not be always possible, although we try our best to provide you with single room
Himalayan Glacier trekking has been helping travelers since 1992 like. We excel in this field because we genuinely love what we do and are committed to providing you with the best services as we commit you. read more...
During your Langtang valley Trek, you can enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.) from ...read more »»
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes your Langtang Valley Trek successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek leader and the crew members with ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be led by the best ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for “Langtang Valley Trek”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for Langtang Valley Trek
Autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and Spring(March to May) are the best seasons for the Langtang Valley Trek. The weather is sunny and warm, with outstanding views but the nights are little cold. Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also good for Langtang valley trek although it will be little colder.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: