The top 8 must see places beyond Pokhara map out the pristine, majestic, and enchanting surroundings hilltop view stations of Pokhara Valley. Pokhara itself is a remarkable place of natural beauty. With the magnificent Annapurna range forming the backdrop and the serenity of three major lakes – Phewa, Rupa and Begnas – Pokhara is the ultimate destination for travelers. Situated at an altitude of 827m from the sea level and 200km west of Kathmandu valley, the city is known as a centre of adventure.
The enchanting city has several beautiful lakes and offers stunning panoramic views of Himalayan peaks. The serenity of lakes and the magnificence of the Himalayas rising behind them create a rhythm of peace and magic. Similarly, the city is not only popular for trekking junction in the Annapurna region, it is also well-known for its surrounding hill stations and attractive places. Here are listed the top 8 must see places beyond Pokhara.
1. Ghandruk is a small Gurung village in the foot hill of Annapurna Massif. The traditional Gurung village is also the gateway to Annapurna base camp trek. Located at an altitude of 2012 meters above the sea level, the village has two faces one is very traditional settlement and the other one is modernized with modern facilities. Because of being on the route of Annapurna sanctuary Trek Ghandruk is widely popular among the short distance trekkers.
2. Poon Hill is one of the best sites around Pokhara for sunrise view. Located at an altitude of 3100 meters, it is also a place for closer Mountain View like Dahaulagiri, Nilgiri, Tukuche and many more. It takes two days to reach Poon Hill from Pokhara. The trek passes through Ulleri and Ghorepani. In the same way, Ghorepani is small Magar village just below Poon Hill. A visit to Poon Hill and Ghorepani is a best site to those trekkers who wish to experience nature and culture in a short distance trek.
3. Bandipur, a top hill station of Tanahu district, lies 60 km east of Pokhara. The village is rich in Newari culture and tradition. A short drive from Pokhara reaches to Bandipure. It is also on the way to Kathmandu from Pokhara. One day tour of Bandipur is demanding. It is in the sense that it helps you to intermingle with Newari culture and tradition of the village. The small village also role models the concept of home stay tourism or village tourism in Nepal. Besides, Bandipur cave, worth to visit, is one of the biggest caves of Nepal.
4. Tansen, another attractive place within the vicinity of Pokhara, is a notable hill station of Nepal. Located some 122 km south on the way to Lumbini from Pokhara, the village can be reached within couple of hours’ drive. Tansen is a very ancient market centre of the areas and holds a very reputed name in handloom and metal craft. Just above the market, Srinagar hill is a wonderful view point centre from where long range of panoramic Himalayas on the north and hot plain Terai including Lumbini on the south can be seen at a time in a clear weather day.
5. Ghurunkha , nearly 75 km south of Pokhara, is a very traditional Gurung village of Syanja district. The small village is a perfect choice for village tour. The newly developed tourist point around Pokhara offers the taste of home stay tour of Nepal. On an altitude of 1400 meters, Ghurunkha is rich in their traditional culture. A short drive along with short trek helps you to reach the village.
6. Sirubari, a small village 56 km south of Pokhara, represents a model of village tourism in Nepal. Located on an altitude of 1700 meters, Sirubari is a small Gurung village with rich cultural heritages. A short tour to Sirubari will be a great escape to conceptualize the dream of home stay tour of Nepal. Furthermore, Sirubari had won PATA- Gold Award in 2001 for its outstanding presentation in hospitality and cultural heritage. The tour will be the best option to experience Nepalese village life and ethnic culture.
7. Ghale Gaun, located some 115 km east from Pokhara in Lamjung district, is a very popular for home stay tour of Nepal. The village is precisely located on the green hill top. The houses are traditionally built. Situated at an altitude of 2070m above the sea level, Ghale Gaun is a traditional Gurung village with rich Gurung culture. The home stay destination offers spectacular views of Himalaya range. A short tour to Ghale Gaun is best to enjoy traditional Gurung Culture and local food.
8. Panchse, at an altitude of 1517 meters on the west of Pokhara valley, is famous for its wild life and vegetation. Panchse is also a famous religious site for Hindus and Buddhist. A tour to Panchase is a finest option to the short period trekkers inside a wonderful empire of nature. Orchid is one of the dominating flowers of the tiny region.
Pokhara, beyond many world famous trekking and mountaineering junctions, keeps secret of nature within its close periphery. The top 8 attractive places around Pokhara valley, in overall, are naturally attractive, culturally rich, and scenically enthralling.