Pokhara, the City of Lakes, is the ultimate paradise in the Himalayas and has always been at the front position in terms of tourism in Nepal. Its spectacular backdrop of snowy peaks, serene lakes and surrounding greenery make Pokhara a natural pristine paradise for those visitors who are in search of exotic destination for relaxation. Pokhara, the starting point for most of the treks in the Annapurna region, enhances to get true experience of mountain adventure in the Himalayas. Few amazing facts about Pokhara are listed here.
- Pokhara has been the center of attraction for travelers across the globe due to its unique topographical structure, breathtaking scenic beauty and cultural importance.
- Mt Machhapuchchhre, Annapurna Himalaya Range, Nilgiri along with 20 other beautiful mountains and a total of nine lakes including Fewa and Begnas can be observed in the vicinity of Pokhara.
- Pokhara is rich in terms of mystical caves like Mahendra, Chamero, Gupteshwor, Sita, Crystal, Crazy and Devi’s Fall.
- Pokhara has nationally and internationally recognized Bindhyabasini and Bhadrakali temples, Bishwoshanti Stupa and Matepani Cave.
- Pokhara has view point hill stations like Sarangkot, Kahundanda to observe the scenic beauty of the Pokhara Valley and Annapurna Range.
- Pokhara is equally popular in artistic, literary, musical and cultural aspects.
- Different museums which reflect the traditional lifestyle, and cultural aspects of local people are found in Pokhara and among them are: The International Mountaineering Museum, Gorkha Memorial Museum, Regional Museum, Annapurna Natural History Museum and Gurung Museum.
- Paragliding is one of the top attractions of Pokhara which helps travelers to enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the valley and the surrounding Himalayas.
- Pokhara is trekking junction in Nepal and it prominently popular for mountain trails in the Annapurna region.
- Pokhara is full of natural, cultural, and geographical landmarks and among such are Phewa Lake, Devi’s Fall, World Peace Pagoda, and Numerous caves in the region.
- Either a scenic drive or a tremendous mountain flight brings visitors in Pokhara.
- The ecstasy of the world’s longest, steepest and fastest zip line and the adrenaline rush Ultra flight adventure experiences are nowhere to find in the world except in Pokhara
Visit Pokhara and enjoy the tremendous natural beauty and cultural tastes of Pokhara in company of world’s majestic mountain vistas.