Unlike days-long mountain adventure treks, cultural treks and escorted tours, Nepal is also popular for daily escapes. Either those escapes are within Kathmandu or Pokhara Valley or at around other short destinations, the joys of daily escapes are indescribable. Nepal is full of cultural, archaeological, historical, and natural vividness. The vividness are unconquerable. Despite this fact, here are mentioned the top 8 Daily Escapes in Nepal.
- Kathmandu World Heritage Site Tour not only showcases the rich culture of the Nepal but also takes you back in time through its architectural wonders. The tour takes you to four UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Bauddhanath and Swayambhunath temples that hold both religious and cultural importance in Nepal. Kathmandu Durbar Square showcases Nepalese art and architecture at its best. Similarly, the Swayambhunath Temple has a compelling mix of both Hindu and Buddhist shrines and stupas. In the same way, Pashupatinath Temple is situated on the banks of river Bagmati and is one of the main temples of Lord Shiva. The temple area is full of other smaller temples of numerous Hindu deities which gives the whole place an ambience of a sacred paradise. And, the Bauddhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in South Asia which was built on the ancient trade route to Tibet. Beside the main stupa which was built in a Nepalese Buddhist style, there are over fifty Tibetan monasteries around the area.
- Kathmandu Cycling Tour provides an opportunity to indulge into the rich culture, historic sites, ancient temples, shrines and fascinating villages of the valley. This opportunity enhances you to intermingle with the locals along the way. Begin your cycling trip to Chobhar gorge which is located 9km southwest of Kathmandu valley. Here, you learn about a mythical legend that revolves around the making of the valley. You can also visit Adinath temple situated on top of the hill and enjoy the picturesque view of the valley. While cycling to Kirtipur, an ancient town located on a ridge 10km southwest of the valley, you observe the old shrines, temples and traditional houses typical to the valley.
- Kathmandu Hiking Tour is for those who want to enjoy a brilliant walk in the outskirts of the valley. The hiking tour allows to the travelers to enjoy the beautiful green forests, meadows, and farmlands which are abundant in the outskirts of the valley. The tour also helps to discover the culture and customs of the Nepalese people along the way. Hiking from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan Temple early in the morning rewards magnificent sunrise view and the ever-soaring Himalayans including Mount Everest. Likewise in hiking to Shivapuri Hills at north of Kathmandu, travelers come across Shivapuri Conservation area, Buddhist monastery and the picturesque view of snow-capped Himalayas surrounding the valley.
- Pokhara Tour unfolds the thrill of a perfect outing at nature’s hidden paradise. With a majestic view of the Annapurna range at its backdrop and a tranquil lake at its centre, Pokhara is the perfect destination for daily escape. The stillness of Phewa Lake, the mystery of David’s Fall, the attraction of Bindybasini Temple, the wonder of Mahendra Gupha, the stunning depth of Seti Gandaki Gorge, the peaceful existence of World Peace Pagoda-a massive Buddhist stupa, and the local dimension of The Old Bazaar really move the heart of travelers in Pokhara.
- Rock Climbing in Kathmandu, another daily escape in Nepal, has recently gained popularity in Kathmandu valley. The numerous natural climbing sites in Kathmandu are suitable for all kinds of climbers ranging from beginners to experts. Just choose a climb that is best for you for your sporting adventure. The rock climbing adventure generally tests a climber’s strength, endurance, agility, and balance along with mental control. Nagarjun Forest Reserve Site and Hattiban Rock Climbing Site are the perfect location where traveler can make one day escape.
- River Rafting has attained the reputation of being one of the most exciting adventure sports in Nepal. Also know as White Water River Rafting, the adventure has great fascination among domestic as well as international tourists. Trishuli river rafting offers first time rafters the opportunity to have a firsthand experience of rafting in the white waters of Nepal. Trishuli River is most popular rafting river with impressive gorges, exciting rapids, some easier sections, and easily accessible from Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Bungee Jumping in Nepal’s Bhote Kosi river will be outstanding adventure experience for one-day escape seekers. Nepal’s first bungee jumping site is located to east from Kathmandu. The location is to be found 160m hanging over the wild Bhote Kosi River. The jumping, at 160m, was planned by one of New Zealand’s leading bungee consultant, and is operated by some of the most experienced bungee jumping masters in the company.
- Pokhara Paragliding, undoubtedly, is full of adventure and thrill within the spectacular mountain scenery of Pokhara Valley. People come from all over the world to take advantage of the ideal jump off spots at Sarangkot at 1425m. From there travelers fly around Phewa Lake and enjoy the view of Machapucre.