Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek, one of the superb classical trekking routes in Nepal passes through the alpine forests, glacial rivers, and gorgeous mountains. Travelers enjoy warm hospitality of ethnic people throughout the trail. The beauty of the trek touches apex once the travelers traverse through the Buddhist monasteries and the ethnic villages with rich mountain lifestyles.
The 10 major highlights of Jiri to Everest base camp trek –
- While travelling to Jiri from Kathmandu, travelers enjoy the natural beauty on the way. Trekkers can see the green terraced farm, people rafting in the Bhote Koshi River, Himalayan view, different waterfalls, swift flowing rivers, and traditional villages.
- Visitors can also be part of adventurous experience of bungee jumping in the Bhote Koshi River on the way.
- Once the travelers start trekking from Jiri, they will be overwhelmed with the Nature’s beauty as well as the untouched culture of the ethnic inhabitants.
- On the way to Everest Base Camp from Jiri, the terraced green farm, beautiful rhododendron and pine forest, numerous ethnic settlements, valleys with the amazing view of the mountains and surrounding landscapes dominate the journey.
- Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek is the classical trekking route to the heart of Everest region which was employed by the Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary in their Mt. Everest expedition in 1953.
- This route is one of the popular trekking trails in the world which offers the combination of natural and cultural beauty. The trekking in this trail provides the opportunity to explore the landscape of the whole Khumbu region, green forest with rare wild animals and birds, lush valleys with the spectacular view of the giant world tallest mountains.
- Besides enjoying the fantastic vistas of Mt. Everest (8848m) – the tallest mountain of the world, travelers enthrall into the arresting beauty of Mt. Lhotse , Mt. Nuptse , Mt. Amadablam , Mt. Pumori, and Mt. Thamserku.
- It will be a trek into the heart of Sherpa culture and tradition. The cultural performances in the monastery and festival celebration really cater unique experience in the Himalayas.
- The hiking to the Kala Pattar-the perfect view point of Everest, Tengboche monastery are other remarkable features of this route.
- The views of Khhumbu glacier and ice fall together with Sagarmatha National Park really intoxicate the travelers. Sagarmatha National Park is spread in an area of 1,148 square km in Himalayan ecological zone.