Well, here comes the new year, and in front of us lies a blank page to be filled with all our resolutions and plans for 2022. Like every year, we try to think of all the personal goals we want to meet the following year, places to visit in the new year, and the dreams we wish to accomplish.
But have you thought of giving yourself a break? Some of the best travel destinations for the new year are waiting for you! Take some well-deserved quality time in these incredible locations and get back to your best before you tackle the next year by its horns!
Why should you travel this new year?
One of the best ways to rejuvenate, of course, is traveling. Apart from the obvious joys of having partaken in an adventure, and the memories of a lifetime, there may be aspects to traveling you may never have thought of before:
- The health benefits of spending time outdoors and engaging in enjoyable physical activities are known to all; return fresh and excited from your new-year adventure!
- Traveling and living among local practitioners of various cultures, traditions, societies, and unique lifestyles will definitely help you channel that “New Year New Me” energy!
- Traveling with family and spending quality time through a shared joyous activity strengthens your bond and creates fond memories to share around the dinner table!
So, where should you travel this New Year?
Here are some of our favorite places to visit in the New Year.
Nepal is a traveler’s wonderland: high mountains, rolling hills, and enchanting flatlands come together to host 8 of the world’s highest peaks, 10 UNESCO world heritage sites, diverse cultures, and charismatic people.
Here are some attractions you shouldn’t miss during your time in Nepal:
- Kathmandu: Weave through colorful prayer flags and street-corner shrines to reach the medieval palace squares, and sky-scraping pagoda temples of the capital.
- Pokhara: Paddle through calm lakes reflecting the magnificent mountain ranges and revel in the vibrant, playful air of the city
- Chitwan: Dive into deep jungles and capture the true essence of wildlife in the Nepali flatlands. Watch the sun set perfectly over wide perennial rivers and make a lifetime of memories.
- Everest Base Camp: Each step you take in this trail takes you closer to the tallest peak in the world – it isn’t called one of the best trekking routes for nothing!
- Mustang: Unlock the true mysteries of Nepal’s “forbidden kingdom” on its recently de-militarized terrain. The arid plateaus and rocky mountains sure make for an exciting adventure!
This is just a hint at what Nepal has to offer. Fair warning: once you’re here, you may never want to leave!
Experience powerful mysticism and remain spellbound in India’s ancient architecture, tropical beaches, tea plantations, cool hill stations, abundant natural beauty, and wildlife.
These are some of our must-visits in India:
- Agra: Celebrate love in the city of the Taj Mahal, lying on the banks of the Yamuna river- the energy is simply unmatched here.
- Jaipur: Embody royalty in the sunny, colorful city of Jaipur. Immerse yourself in the Rajasthani sun in magnificent gardens and ancient palaces.
- Ladakh: You’ll have trouble knowing which is bluer: The Ladakh skies or the rivers flowing through it. Re-discover peace in this pristine mountainous region.
- Varanasi: The sun glimmers over golden temples as the city thrums with incredible spiritual energy. If Hinduism had a home, it would be Varanasi.
- Jodhpur: The fiercer Rajashthani city. Taste the desert air and the rocky terrain of the walled city. Imagine the battles fought as you wander from one weapons display to the other in their magnificent fort.
- Jaisalmer: The hubbub of a market place never dies down, more so in the ancient trading city of princely Jaisalmer. Lying in the desert, everything is so yellow it’s called the “Golden City”.
Apart from the favorites, India is a destination with some of the most mystical and charming attractions in the world!
Located to the north of the Himalayas, Tibet boasts enviable cultural heritage, immense natural beauty, with numerous rivers and beautiful lakes as well as magnificent mountains to explore; one of which is Mt. Everest shared with Nepal.
Don’t miss out on these places during your visit:
- Lhasa: Experience the imposing magnificence of the Potala Palace rising among the mountains. Behold the Dalai Lama’s former living quarters in the Himalayan valley.
- Shigatse: Trek to monasteries seemingly carved into rocks on sheer cliff sides surrounded by some of the tallest peaks in the world.
- Tsedang: Feel the power of the ancient emperors of Tibet in the seat of their power. Dive deep into the origin of Tibetan heritage and their most important monuments.
- Nyingchi: There is no end to the wonders of Tibetan wildlife in this primitive forest region. Situated at a relatively lower altitude, if you’re lucky maybe you’ll see some of the rarest species of flora and fauna.
- Ngari: Once the heart of an ancient Tibetan kingdom, a simple step into Ngari is pilgrimage in itself. Mt Kailash peak and the rippling Mansarovar Lake awaits your arrival.
These are our favorites, but make no mistake! The roof of the world has much more to offer!
Akin to a fairy kingdom, Bhutan is a land of supernatural legends, ancient monasteries, emerald-green landscapes, outstanding people, mystical views of holy peaks, and untouched wilderness.
Some of Bhutan’s must-visit attractions:
- Thimphu: Bask in awe at the Bhutanese capital, characterized by its blend of imposing fortress-monasteries and lively traditional dances performed within their yards.
- Paro: Visit the scene out of a storybook brought to real life in this quaint Bhutanese town. Where else will a royal palace sit, next to a rumbling river, and rolling fields in the shadows of a partly burned fortress-monastery.
- Phobjikha Valley: Watch as people and animals alike rejoice in one of the most important Buddhist monasteries. The former in a mask dance, and the latter in a festival welcoming them back among other globally threatened but well-conserved fauna.
- Bumthang: Home to many ethnic languages, cultures, and traditions, don’t miss the city of the mythical wild bird (Jakar), in the land of beauty – it’s in the name!
- Punakha: The warmer former capital is sunnier both in climate and disposition. And why shouldn’t it be, when it’s home to the “Palace of Great Happiness”? Blossoms along the river and ancient history to explore – what could be better?
Uncover more of Bhutan’s incredible secrets during your trip this new year!
Home to the most beautiful animal reserves in the world, incredible landscapes, cultures, and the highest free-standing peak on the planet; Mt Kilimanjaro – Tanzania is a treasure trove for adventurers.
Tanzania is a land of wonders, including:
- Arusha: The capital of the East African Federation, the diplomatic city is where indigenous communities and the international community meet in beautiful cooperation.
- Moshi: Lying on the slopes of the mighty Mt Kilimanjaro, Moshi is a natural paradise. With many incredible national parks, lakes and countless waterfalls, it is even the proud host of an annual international fair.
- Zanzibar Island: A collage of colonial structures and ethnic practices, the Zanzibar Island is a tropical paradise, housing critically endangered wildlife and fauna with connections to the Ice Age.
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area: Volcanic lakes, extinct volcanoes, and 3-million-year-old craters from past eruptions – mix in some wildlife and it’s an adventure!
- Manyara Region: Whether you choose to be swept away by your own crystal clear reflection on the lake or become bamboozled by the sheer number of ethnic languages you hear spoken, Manyara is one for the books!
- Mwanza: The rock city boasts national parks located deep within rock islands, and another that is so obscure you have to row or take a direct flight there. When you’re not marveling at nature, lose yourself in the beautiful churches and temples of Mwanza.
Make your vacation more special with more of our hand-picked favorite Tanzania trips for the new year!
From the wildlife of the Amazon, discover the rich historical ruins, hike up the Andes range, or soak in the lovely beaches of the Pacific, you can witness it all in Peru.
Don’t know where to start? Here are some of our favorite destinations in Peru:
- Cusco: The capital of the Inca empire and the historical capital of Peru is a city of ancient architecture, ruins and indigenous cultural history.
- Iquitos: The capital of the Peruvian Amazon is a hungry city fed into by three rivers including the Amazon. Maybe that’s why it’s accessible only by air or through water- its the largest city that is unreachable by roads!
- Puno: Located on the shores of Lake Titicaca, revisit the old evangelical churches of Puno if only to appreciate the immense artefact and architecture. Have the time of your life in the land of festivals and folklore!
- Lima: The capital of Peru is a UNESCO Heritage site in itself. The cultural, political, and financial capital of the country hosts the oldest functioning university of the new world.
- Inca Trail/Machu Picchu: If you trek among the Inca ruins along the Andes, you will reach the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. Who wants to offer prayers at the temple of the sun and meet a Llama in the tropical canyon? We certainly do!
- Ayacucho: The symbolic city holds evidence of the war for independence, and a memorial church for each of Christ’s 33 years of life. The city hosts week-long celebrations consisting of bull and horse races during Easter – Imagine Christmas in this city!
Want to plan a trip?
Don’t hesitate to contact our travel experts for more details!
Traipse along the cobblestoned colonial cities, soak in the equator sun with locals of multiple ethnic backgrounds and experience true natural diversity in the South American paradise.
Take a little exotic spin through these Ecuadorian wonders:
- The Amazon Rainforest: The mesmerizing colors of the Amazonia await- as do the millions of wildlife and more than 350 ethnic groups making their homes in the ecosystem.
- The Galapagos Islands: Visit the volcanic paradise of the Galapagos Islands, and maybe a peek into their biodiversity will show you what Charles Darwin saw during his research there.
- Quito: Located on the slopes of an active volcano, chase adventure in the literal middle of the world in the least-altered, most well-preserved city of the Americas.
- Cotopaxi: Don’t be fooled by its snowy cap and the beautiful city at its feet, the Cotopaxi is still an active volcano that has erupted more than 50 times in the last 300 hundred years, with the last time being 2016. Fancy a climbing expedition?
- Laguna Cuicocha: The volcanic crater lake of Cuicocha was created by an eruption 3100 years ago and now hosts rare wildlife in its ecosystem. Literally called the ‘Lake of the guinea pigs’, the indigenous shaman observe the sun festival there.
- Quilotoa Loop: Camp on the rocky slopes of the volcanic crater at the banks of the mineral-induced green crater-lake, among the barren, humid ecosystem of a volcano.
If you ask us, the more destinations you visit, the better. Here are some incredibly exciting and COVID-safe places for you to visit this new year!
- The United Arab Emirates
- The Netherlands
To learn more about these incredible new year travel plans, and to find the best travel deals for the new year 2022 celebrations, don’t hesitate to contact our travel experts- whether you’re traveling solo, with friends, or with family, we’ll find the perfect package for you. To plan your dream holiday, contact us or WhatsApp us at +1-860-593-1567. Happy New Year!