Helambu Trek-9 Days
Stupa near Kutumsang Village
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
The Helambu trek is a perfect short trek nearby Kathmandu Valley. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively un-spoilt. Besides the hyolmo culture of high mountain people, the company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of most diverse treks near Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an enthralling experience. The people living the highlands of the Langtang region are certainly the Nepalis, being the descendant of the Tibetan origin, they still look like Tibetans.
The Helambu Trek begins from Sundarijal, an hour's drive from Kathmandu. After about an hour's walk, we enter Shivapuri National Park. Continuing along the Chisopani, Kutumsang, Thadepati and Sermathang, the trek ends at the Melamchi Pul Bazar in the Helambu region. The trek passes through thick mountain forests with great Himalayan views and toward the end of the trip, you will also trek through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
Other similar treks that you might be interested in include: Langtang Valley Trek - 10 Days
, Langtang Valley Trek with Ganja La Pass - 14 Days
, Langtang, Gosainkunda & Helambu Trek-17 Days
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival in Kathmandu - 1,300m/4,264 ft
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (KTM) you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking (HGT). After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative ...read more »»
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3 nights in 4-star hotel in Kathmandu ( Hotel Shanker or similar standard)
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs )
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
The Trekking Group
For the Helambu Trek, there will be one leader, assistant leader (4 trekkers:1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers:1 porter) This arrangement ensures that should any body in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Helambu Trek for group of any size, but generally we include maximum of twelve people as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Required
The Helambu trek usually demand 5 to 6 hours of walking everyday. Our 12-day Helambu Trek is graded as moderate trek as the trek takes you to moderate elevation. Interested people who ...read more »»
All accommodations for Helambu Trek are on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, location, etc. There are two styles of accommodations during in Helambu trekking trip. You will spend three nights in a 4-star hotel, Hotel Shanker
or similar category hotel in Kathmandu and during your trekking you will spend eight nights in standard teahouse/lodge in which there are unheated rooms with wooden beds and foam mattresses. teahouses/lodges of some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. If you are a solo traveler, you will share a room with someone else of same sex of your group. If you prefer a single room, you may indicate your preference and get single rooms on request by paying single supplement USD 250. However, you need to understand that in some remote places single rooms might not be feasible always even by paying single supplement.
During your Helambu Trek, you can enjoy typical Nepali food and some of the different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, ...read more »»
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes your Helambu Trek successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek leader and the crew members with ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be led by the best and ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for “Helambu Trek”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for Helambu Trek
Autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and Spring(March to May) are the best seasons for Helambu Trek. The weather is sunny and warm, with outstanding views but the nights are cold and can fall to freezing. Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also good for Helambu Trek, only colder (obviously).
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: