Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking-27 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
At 8,586m, Kanchenjunga is the world's 3rd highest mountain. Located in the far north eastern corner of Nepal bordering Sikkim, it is considered as one of the most beautiful mountain massifs in the world.
Kanchenjunga circuit trekking is getting popular these days among nature enthusiasts as it is a long adventure to the most remote and beautiful area of Himalayas in Nepal’s eastern regions. The name Kanchenjunga means five treasures of the great snow which is in reference to the five summits that make up Kanchenjunga. Since, this trekking is less crowded you will be rewarded with a unique insight into Nepali rural lifestyle and its rich culture. You will also experience every climate Nepal has to offer from steamy jungles to jumbled glaciers. Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking offers it all.
Route maps are just representation of the trekking routes. This does not represent the exact geographical conditions.Click here for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking route map
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264 ft)
Upon arrival in Kathmandu airport you will be expected to complete your custom formalities (Visa etc). We suggest you to look for our representative who will be waiting for you at the arrival gate with a Himalayan ...read more »»
Himalayan Glacier Trekking has a philosophy with trip inclusions: as much as possible is included so HGT customers know the total cost of the adventure trip up front.
- All hotel/airport transfer
- Hotel Norbulinka in Kathmandu with B&B
- Airport pick up drop and sightseeing by private vehicles
- Bhadrapur-Kathmandu-Bhadrapur flight
- Transportation Bhadrapur-Ilam-Bhadrapur by normal bus
- All accommodations in tents and all meals during the treks
- Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bag (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Welcome & farewell dinner
- All porterages costs
- All cost for a Himalayan Glacier leader(First Aid and Eco trained English Speaking) and sherpa, a sherpa assistance leader(s) and assistance Trek leader help each individuals while on trek
- All necessary paper works and trekking permits
- Travel & Rescue arrangements
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- Portable Altitudes Chamber (PAC) for safety measures ( if on group less than 3 people we will provide on request and extra fee)
- All government and local taxes if necessary
- Himalayan Glacier Kit Bag
What's Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)/ International airfare to & from home city
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch & evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters
- Tips for guides and porters
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extend
Health & Experience Required
The trekking involves high mountain elevation and walking a maximum of 6-8 hours in most days. Walking in the high mountains and crossing Lapsang La (5,108m/16,760ft) and Sinion/Mirgin ...read more »»
You will be staying in Hotel Norbulinka or another standard hotel of similar category while in Kathmandu. While in Phidim or Birtamod you will be accommodated in standard guest houses. However, while trekking in the mountains you will be staying in tea houses with basic facilities or in camps. Throughout your trip you will be under a twin sharing accommodation but for participants of different sex, a single provision will be made without any extra charge.
Toilet facilities in guest houses and tea houses will be appropriate and basic. While camping, a separate tent will be set up as the toilet at an optimum distant from your tent.
While in Kathmandu you will be served bed & breakfast along with welcome and farewell dinners whereas on your trekking journey all meals will be provided. Breakfast and dinner ...read more »»
Kanchenjunga Trekking itinerary is planned with a high degree of minimization of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to kill. ...read more »»
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
Himalayan Glacier only employs and trains Nepalese leaders and local staff. By employing and training local people they put something back into their communities. HGT currently train all their Guides in the following courses and your Kanchenjunga Trek leader will be one of the fully ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for “Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking
Autumn months (September-November) and spring (March-May) are considered as the best seasons for Kanchenjunga Circuit trekking. There is better visibility of the landscape during these months, the rivers are lower and the temperature is cooler on the first few days of the trek.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: