Island Peak Expedition-14 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Located between the Ama Dablam and Lhotse Mountains chains and on the top of Chhukung Glacier, the most hunted after trekking destination is the Island Peak expedition because it offers an excellent opportunity to achieve a Himalayan Summit of 6173m even without any ideal climbing skills. This wonderful Island Peak expedition takes you into the heart of the mountain, Khumbu region, which offers an unforgettable and magnificent close-up views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and many more. Island peak was renamed "Imje Tse" in the early '80s, though its original name is still more popular. The mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 AD due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an island on a sea of ice. Island Peak has an impressive highly glaciated west face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier which is a bit tough to do, however the magnificent views from the summit are certainly a fitting reward for our efforts.
The 14-day itinerary for Island peak expedition is a short cut, aggressive, and adventurous itinerary. We have customized this itinerary focusing keen adventurers who only have a few weeks's time but are highly interested in island peak expedition. As this 14- day Island peak expedition itinerary takes you to the summit very fast, this itinerary is recommended only to those who have sufficient high altitude trekking experience and good acclimatization health.
This itinerary plans you to take straight to Island peak, lead you to successful summit and bring you back to Kathmandu, so you should be well prepared for the trip before embarking it.
We have other longer itineraries for Island peak expedition for less experienced people which allows plenty of time to acclimatize for the expedition. The 19-day Island Peak expedition with Everest Base Camp Trek
is designed for those adventurers who are energetic and physically fit and are wishing for both trekking and climbing experience. If you're really an adventurous soul in quest of a challenging and "off the beaten path trekking & climbing experience, we recommend you to try our Island Peak expedition with Gokyo and Everest Base Camp Trek-22 days
that crosses some of the most famous high passes in the world with the Island peak expedition. You may also be interested in some other HGT Peak expedition itineraries: Mera Peak expedition-22 days
; Mera Peak expedition-19 days
Route maps are just representation of the trekking routes. This does not represent the exact geographical conditions.Click here for Island Peak Expedition route map
Detailed Expedition Itinerary :
Arrival Kathmandu -1,350m/4,428ft
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking. After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative with a ...read more »»
What's Included :
Himalayan Glacier Trekking has a philosophy with trip inclusions: as much as possible expenses is included so that customers know the total cost of the adventure trip up front
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Two nights in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation during trekking and tented accommodation during expedition session
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking trekking and expedition leader (guide), cook, assistant expedition leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement in climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Island Peak expedition permit
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Group Mountaineering expedition and camping equipment -very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for participants and camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments for the expedition section
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included :
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal expedition equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
The Expedition Group
For the Island Peak Expedition, there will be one expedition and trekking leader, assistant leader (4 climbers: 1 assistant guide), Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 climbers: 1 porter) and other helpers as per requirement in climbing section. This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Island Peak expedition for at least a group of two, and include maximum of twelve people only, as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Requirements:
Island Peak is not a technical peak but you need good stamina for a long day effort while climbing it. You can climb Island peak without any previous expedition experience ...read more »»
Accommodations are included in the trip cost and HGT has chosen the best deluxe accommodation for 2 nights in Kathmandu in a 4-star Hotel, and 8/9 nights in standard teahouse/lodge, and ...read more »»
During your Island Peak expedition trip, you can enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.) ...read more »»
Our Island Peak expedition itinerary is planned with a high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness).The higher the altitude the less oxygen there is in the air. <...read more »»
The most significant thing that makes your Island Peak Expedition successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek and climb leader and the crew members who have ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be led ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for Island Peak Expedition certain equipments are essential.
Please Click here
for this trip's comprehensive checklist.
Best Time for Island Peak Expedition
The best months for Island Peak Expedition are Spring( Mid March to May) and Autumn (mid September to November). As these are best seasons, routes are a bit crowded. Island peak can be climbed during the months of December, January and February but we need to be well prepared to adjust with the cold weather during these months.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: