Lower Dolpo Trek-18 Days
All Departure Dates GUARANTEED
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Make a rendezvous with the remote Himalaya mountains of Dolpo, the land of the Oscar nominated Caravan fame, Thinley, a culture nearby Tibet that has survived its originality for centuries. Thanks to the reportage of National Geographic Fame Eric Valli, the Dolpo region of Nepal has been shown in all its integrity and full mystical experience. Along with one of the deepest Himalayan Lakes, the Phokhsundo with beautiful turquoise blue water, watch the yak caravans that maintain the traditional salt trade with Tibet. The region lies further north from the Dhaulagiri Range in the rain shadow of the Himalayas - reflected in the colorful barren slopes of the mountains where the play of light and shadow is a perpetual fascinating spectacle. In summer, the caravans of yaks and sheep run through this valley on a trade route through the Himalayas and allows the exchange not only goods but also of ideas between the Tibetan Plateau and the valleys of Nepal.
The Lower Dolpo Trek is meant for real adventurers wishing for an off-the-beaten-path experience. This remote region in western Nepal was opened for the foreigners only in 1990. The trek passes through Shey-Phoksundo National Park with spectacular mountain scenery, Buddhist monasteries and yak caravans. Our trek takes us through a wooded area, then load through rugged canyons in the barren plateau near the border with Tibet. After your arrival in Kathmandu, make a historical and cultural tour of Kathmandu valley and monuments while we obtain special permit for the lower Dopla trekking. Then we take our flight to Jhupal via Nepalgunj. Experience the high altitude tundra and rocks and the microclimate of Lower Dolpo and Phoksumdo with the cold air of the glaciers of Kanjiroba.
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival day in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264 ft]
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking. After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative with ...read more »»
USD 3215 per person
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Three nights accommodation in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu, two nights in guest house in Nepalgunj/Jupal and tented accommodation in mountain
- All domestic flights (Kathmandu-Nepalgunj -Jhuphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu)
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals and boiled water in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; special trekking permit for Lower Dolpo trek
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Camping equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
The Trekking Group
For the Lower Dolpo trek, there will be one leader, one cook, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers: 1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Lower Dolpo Trek for at least a group of two, and include maximum of twelve people only, as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health and Experience Required
Our Lower Dolpo Trek suitable for passionate adventurers who have ability to walk at least 6-8 hours a day with a light rucksack. Some days you might even need to ...read more »»
Accommodations are included in the trip cost and HGT has chosen the best deluxe accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu in a 4-star Hotel, 2 night in lodge in Nepalgunj/Jupal, and 12 nights in comfortable two-men camping tent. To sleep in tent, 4 season sleeping bag and foam mattress will be provided. We maintain standard comfort in every matter based on the enforceable conditions such as weather calamities. All hotel and camping accommodation is on twin sharing basis, and will provide you single supplement if there is different sex without extra charge. If you prefer a single room, you may indicate your preference and get single room/tent on request by paying single supplement USD 350.
During your Lower Dolpo Trek, you can enjoy freshly cooked hygienic and nutritious meals on full board basis prepared by our trained and experienced cook. Typical Nepali food, ...read more »»
Our Lower Dolpo Trek itinerary is planned with a high degree awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to kill. The ...read more »»
Leader(s) and Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes your Lower Dolpo Trek successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek leader and the crew members with ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be led by the best ...read more »»
Equipments and Packing List
While packing for “Lower Dolpo Trek”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for Lower Dolpo Trek
Trip Start Dates
We will organize this trip on the dates requested by you. Please contact us for your customized departure date.
The best time for Lower Dolpo trek is from March to May in Spring and October-November in Autumn season.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: