Jomsom Muktinath Trek-13 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Join our classic lodge trek in the Mustang region that includes the world's deepest gorge of the Kali Gandaki River, Jomsom Muktinath Trek. The trek reaching the maximum altitude of 3800m (12,464 ft) and can be completed by anybody with a moderate level of fitness. Continuing along the Kali Gandaki River Gorge, marvel at the splendid peaks of Annapurna-I and Dhaulagiri both of which reach heights in excess of 8000m (26,240 ft). Explore the hundreds of years old monastery, caves, local tribes and scenic beauties of the different landscapes. Make an adventure starting from world's deepest gorge Kali Gandaki Region into world's highest regions passing through an almost tree-less barren landscape, a steep rocky trail up and down hill and panoramic views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several other peaks.
The initial days of the trek through the Annapurna region ascends through rice terraces and villages inhabited by the indigenous people, mostly the Gurungs. The trek gets interesting in Tatopani where you will have the opportunity to relax in natural hot springs! Then the trek passes through Jomsom and Kagbeni, the entry point of upper Mustang Region. The grandeur of the Dhaulagiri Glacier is on show a little further up along with the first glimpse of the windy Tibetan Plateau on the way to the holy Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath (3800m/12,464 ft). The sacred temple has 108 waterfalls that resemble water flowing from taps and mysterious natural gas fires that boggle the mind. From here it is downhill to Jomsom village on the Tibetan Plateau where you can look around at the gateway to the "Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang", and get a glimpse of the ancient traditions still in practice. A flight the following day will bring you to Pokhara from where we make a few hours's drive through the green mountains to Kathmandu.
Route maps are just representation of the trekking routes. This does not represent the exact geographical conditions.Click here for Jomsom Muktinath Trek route map
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival day in Kathmandu [1,300m/4,264 ft]
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking. After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative with ...read more »»
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Three nights in 4-star hotel in Kathmandu ( Hotel Shanker or similar standard) and 1 night in 2-3 star hotel in Pokhara (Both on B&B basis)
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu with a tour guide and all temples/monuments entrance fees.
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- Kathmandu to Pokhara flight
- Pokhara to Kathmandu transportation in tourist bus
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP, Trekking permit)
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes.
What's Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International and domestic flights (Pokhara to Kathmandu-$92)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
The Trekking Group
For the Jomsom Muktinath Trekking, there will be one leader, assistant leader (4 trekkers:1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers:1 porter). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Jomsom Muktinath Trekking for group of any size, but generally have a maximum of twelve people, as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Required
Our 13-day Jomsom Muktinath Trekking is moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers who have ability to walk at least 5-7 hours a day with a light daypack. Some days, you ...read more »»
All accommodations for Jomsom Muktinath Trek are on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, location, etc. There are two styles of accommodations during our trekking. You will spend three nights in a 4-star hotel, Hotel Shanker
or similar category hotel in Kathmandu, one night in 2-3 star hotel in Pokhara and during your trekking you will spend 8 nights in standard teahouse/lodge/hotel in which there are unheated rooms with wooden beds and foam mattresses. We provide attached rooms in some places. Teahouses/lodges of some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities.
If you are a solo traveler, you will share a room with someone else of same sex of your group. If you prefer a single room, you may indicate your preference and get single rooms on request by paying single supplement USD 290. However, in some remote places single rooms is not always possible even paying single supplement, you need to consider the condition.
Himalayan Glacier trekking has been helping travelers since 1992. We excel in this field because we genuinely love what we do and are committed to providing you with the best services as we commit. read more...
All Meals on full board basis will be provided during trekking in mountains. Three meals a day will be provided from the teahouse/lodge menus but the meals ...read more »»
Jomsom Muktinath Trek is considered as an easy and non risky trek in terms of AMS(acute mountain sickness), as the trek only takes us to 3,710m/12,170ft. However, sensible ...read more »»
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes your Jomsom-Muktinath Trek successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek leader and the crew members with ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be led by the best and ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for “Jomsom Muktinath Trek”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for Jomsom Muktinath Trek
The best seasons for doing this trek are Spring (March to May) and autumn (mid September to mid December). In these seasons you will be rewarded by good weather, sunny and warm with clear sky and outstanding views. You can trek in winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) also, only the issue is cold weather with snow-fall at higher elevations.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: