Around Dhaulagiri Trek-20 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Around Dhaulagiri Trek is a challenging trek in the region of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m 26,795 ft), the seventh highest Himalayan Peak lying north-west of Pokhara in the Western Nepal and south of the Tibet. The Dhaulagiri, along with another eight thousander, the Annapurna, carves the world's deepest gorge of Kaligandaki. The trek also crosses two high passes - the French pass (5,240m/17,192ft) and the Thapa pass (5,155m/16,913ft). Moreover, we will also experience snow and glacier walking, especially around Italian Base Camp and Dhaulagiri North Base Camp. Along the way, we enjoy spectacular views of Dhaulagiri, Thorong peak, Annapurna and Kali Gandaki River with the world deepest gorge. On the trail, we may also encounter semi-wild yak herds, mountain sheep in the remote valleys of this region. Besides the wild nature, we also enjoy the shops, teahouses, and lifestyle of Nepal's ethnic people such as Gurung, Chhetri, and Magars.
Himalayan Glacier's Around Dhaulagiri Trek begins with a drive from Kathmandu to Beni. The first few days of the trek passes through cultivated fields connected to some of the mountain villages. The climb begins to get tougher after Dobhan, as we ascend to the Italian Base Camp. The trek continues on to the Iced French and Thapa Passes which have to be scaled before we descend down a winding trail to Yak Kharka. After a long descend we will be at Marpha, popular city of Mustang district. From this juncture, we follow the classical Annapurna Trail to Jomsom and fly Jomsom to Pokhara the next day. The final and scenic drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu concludes the trek.
Himalayan Glacier's other treks in the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Regions are: Tukuche Peak Expedition-25 Days, Annapurna Circuit Trek - 21 days
Day to Day Itinerary
International Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal:
Upon our arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, we will be warmly greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier. After completion of our custom formalities (Visa, etc), we pick up our luggage and look for our ...read more »»
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu and tented/homestay/guesthouse accommodation in mountain
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight
- All necessary staffs with experienced leader (guide), assistant guide( 4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits (ACAP, special permit for Dhaulagiri)
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Domestic flight except Jomsom to Pokhara flight
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
The Trekking Group
For this trek, there will be one leader, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers: 1 porter). Other helpers will be served as per necessity depending upon the group size. This arrangement ensures that anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run this trip for at least a group of two to maximum of twelve people only, as Himalayan Glacier has found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if we would like to make a group booking for more than twelve visitors together, Himalayan Glacier can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Required
Walking in this high land of Dhaulagiri region usually requires 6-8 hours of walking most of the days for few days. Crossing French Pass (5360m /17580ft) and ...read more »»
Accommodations are included in the trip cost. Himalayan Glacier has chosen the best deluxe accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu at a 4-star hotel. During trekking, we spend nights in local guesthouses. It is to be noted that as Dhaulagiri is a newly developed remote trekking destination so it does not have good tourist infrastructure. Since, the facilities of guesthouses will be basic. Further, if we want to sleep in tent, Himalayan Glacier manages the tents upon our request. All hotel and guesthouses accommodation is on twin sharing basis. If we prefer a single room, we may indicate our preference and get single room or tent on request by paying single supplement USD 350.
All Meals on full board basis will be served during Around Dhaulagiri trekking. Three meals a in day will be served from the tea house or lodge menus ...read more »»
Around Dhaulagiri Trek itinerary is planned with high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up at higher altitude too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to ...read more »»
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
Himalayan Glacier only employs trained Nepalese leaders and local staffs. By employing and training local people, they put something back into their communities. Himalayan Glacier currently trains all its Guides in the following courses and Visitors' Trek leader will be ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for “Around Dhaulagiri Trek”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for Around Dhaulagiri Trek
September, October and November in Autumn and mid March, April and May during the spring are considered as the best months for trekking to hidden valley and crossing technical French (5360m /17580ft) and Thapa Pass (5258m /17240ft) sections.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: