Valley Ridge Trek-6 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Valley Ridge trek is an easy trek offering with the distant views of snowy mountains, and an idea of the typical Nepali countryside life and ethnic culture. This Valley Ridge trekking is best suited for those who are traveling with children, families, students who do not have enough time for longer treks into the high mountains. Our Valley Ridge trek starts from just an hour drive from Katmandu City. The trek leads through the hills facing to the north-east of Langtang Himalayan Range with the magnificent views of the Mountain. The whole trail of Valley Ridge trek offers the best mountain views. Nagarkot is the best view point on Valley Ridge trekking route where you will enjoy panoramic Himalayan scenery of Mt. Everest, Mt. Ganesh Himal, Mt. Gaurishanker, Mt. Dorje lakpa, Langtang Himalayan range, Rolwaling Himalayan range. Never miss sunrise and sunset views on these mountains. Agro-old tradition hospitality is an added bonus for the trek. Valley Ridge trek is the Shangri-La route and a novelty destination. The trekking route is surrounded by hills and is the cradle of Nepalese civilization and culture.
Nala and Banepa adds the cultural taste to the trek with interesting the Newari settlements rich in architecture. Don’t miss out the famous temples these places host, Nala Bhagawati Temple and Kanyakumari Temple, Chandeswori temple, etc.
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m / 4264 feet]
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport, you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking. After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative with a Himalayan ...read more »»
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Three nights 4-star hotel in Kathmandu ( Hotel Shanker or similar standard) with breakfast
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Accommodation during trek in hotel/guesthouse
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- All ground transportation as per itinerary in private vehicle
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included
- Nepal Visa fee (bring small denomination USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
Health & Experience Required
Valley Ridge Trek is an easy and relaxing walk and requires 4-5 hours of walking everyday. 2200m will be the highest altitude on your trek, so anyone who is physically ...read more »»
All accommodations for Valley Ridge trek are in hotel/lodges on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, location, etc. During the trip, you will spend three nights in a 4-star hotel, Hotel Shanker
or similar category hotel in Kathmandu and during your trekking you will spend 2 nights in standard hotel/guesthouse.
If you are a solo traveler, you will share a room with someone else of same sex of your group. If you prefer a single room, you may indicate your preference and get single rooms on request by paying single supplement USD 200.
The facilities in route to around ridge is well developed. You can enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, ...read more »»
Valley Ridge Trek is considered as an easy trek for all-children, youth and adults and as it does not go to high altitude no acclimatization is necessary. Good for visitors ...read more »»
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes your Valley Ridge trek successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek leader and the crew members with ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be led by the best ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for “Valley Ridge Trek”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for Valley Ridge Trek
Valley Ridge trek can be done throughout the year, but best months are March to June and mid September to December. Months of January and February are also okay to do this trek. The trek is affected by monsoon July to mid September.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: