The Royal Trek-9 Days
All Departure Dates GUARANTEED
AMAZING !!! SAVE 30%
The Royal Trek is one of the shortest treks that follow a shrub like path along the foothills of Annapurna, north of the Pokhara valley. The Royal Trek is so-named because Prince Charles and his 90 person entourage had explored this route in the early eighties. This trek provides the opportunities for meaningful cultural experiences with the diverse mix of people and cultures that inhabit this region.
The journey of Royal trek begins in the beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara and passes through beautiful Gurung hamlets. During the trek, we are able to enjoy stunning views of the eloquently built hillside rice terraces, the magnificent Annapurna range, Machapuchhre [fishtail] and the Langtang Mountain views. The trip finally ends at the scenic Begnas Lake which is about 30 km west of Pokhara City.
The Royal trekking trip is basically recommended for beginners who are restricted by time to trek longer. This Royal trek presents a true picture of uniqueness and allowing us the chance to capture traditional lifestyles of the tribes whose ancient religious practices and traditions have remained unchanged for thousands of years. Compared to other trekking areas in Annapurna region, Royal trekking route is less crowded, so you can get more close to nature, culture and lifestyle.
Route maps are just representation of the trekking routes. This does not represent the exact geographical conditions.Click here for The Royal Trek route map
Day to Day Itinerary
Arrival in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport, you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking. After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative with a Himalayan Glacier Trekking display ...read more »»
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 2-3 star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara with B.B on twin sharing basis
- Welcome dinner with cultural program
- All accommodation and breakfast during the trek on twin sharing basis
- A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide and entrance fees
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP, TIMS )
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu tourist coach
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included
- Lunch and dinner
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs )
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara(and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
The Trekking Group
For the Royal Trek, there will be one leader, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for carrying luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick; the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Royal Trek for groups of any size, but generally we include maximum of 16 people as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking of more than 16 people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Required
Experience is not necessary for taking part in this trek, anyone fit and healthy enough to walk for 4-6 hours a day can manage well. Also, since this trek takes ...read more »»
All accommodations for Royal Trek are on twin sharing basis included in the trip cost and are chosen based on standard of hygiene, standard of service and food, location, etc.. While in the cities (Kathmandu& Pokhara) you will be accommodated in 2-3 star hotels (Hotel Norbulinka
in Kathmandu and Hotel Mt. Kailash
in Pokhara or similar standard hotel ) whereas you will be staying in standard teahouses during trek. The teahouses provide basic facilities including wooden beds, foam mattresses and toilet facilities. If you are a solo traveler, you will share a room with someone else of same sex of your group. If you prefer a single room, you may indicate your preference and get single rooms on request by paying single supplement USD 150. However, you need to understand that in some remote places single rooms might not be feasible always even by paying single supplement.
You will be served breakfast while in Kathmandu, Pokhara and the mountains. Upon your arrival in Kathmandu you will also be welcomed with a ‘welcome dinner’ consisting of ...read more »»
Leader(s) & Staff Arrangements
The most significant thing that makes your Royal Trek successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek leader and crew members with ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be led by the best and most ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for “The Royal Trek”
certain gears are essential to be considered.
Click here for the comprehensive packing list for The Royal Trek
Autumn (mid Sept to mid Dec) and Spring(March to May) are the best seasons for the Royal Trek. The weather is sunny and warm, with outstanding views but the nights are cold and can fall to freezing. Winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also good for Royal Trek, only colder (obviously). The trekking routes are crowded during spring and autumn but during winter the routes are not packed and you could enjoy rather best of nature.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: