Amazing trip and amazing team
Annapurna Circuit Trek
I had an amazing time doing Annapurna Circuit trek with Himalayan Glacier which we did in small team of three trekkers.
Annapurna Circuit is an amazing trek, while you pass through villages going each day higher, the climate, landscape and scenery changes, it provides very diverse views. The culmination point of the trek that everyone awaits with excitement and a bit of anxiety is crossing through Thorung La Pass, 5416m high. I cant put into words how great experience it is.
I will try to summarise key points below regarding Himalayan Glacier:
1) From the first moments Himalayan Glacier was very responsive to all our questions and proposal and allowed us for modifications to proposed itinerary
2) We received a lot of pre-trip information and had a meeting with the guide before the trip begun, guide was also available to help to do any last minute equipment shopping
3) We had an amazing guide Sudarsanam, very friendly, with good sense of humour, great characted. What is imortant, he had deep knowledge of all the mountains around so we basically knew what peaks we are looking at at all times
4) Safety was priority and guide did monitor weather conditions, on a day we got a bit of snow storm we did wait to see how the weather will develop before we decided to progress
5) Our guide/porters would always ensure we would get the best accomodation in given place. Only once during entire trek we would not have a toilet attached to the room, which is quite essential if you keep drinking litres of water throughout the day ;)
6) One of the things that won our hearts the most was helicopter ride from Jomsom to Pokhara. Our plane flight got cancelled and Himalayan Glacier managed to instead put us on helicopter to Pokhara, saving us from having to spend entire day in the jeep, and most of all giving us an amazing scenic flight which was quite an experience!
7) On the return to Kathmandu company invited us for a dinner and drinks with guides and managers which turned out to be a great night out
8) Guide also came to say goodbye on the day of our final return which was super sweat.
Overally, I built great connections with guide, porters and the company. I felt very reassured that company could handle unforseen circumstances like the flight cancelation. I have a huge trust in Himalayan Glacier and will definitely book with them again when returning to Nepal, which will happen soon.