Mera Peak Climbing-19 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Mera Peak (6,461m/ 21,190 ft) is an exciting, scenically stunning mountain becoming popular among trekkers and climbers as it is the highest trekking peak in Nepal in Khumbu (Everest) Valley. Situated on the edge of famous Khumbu Region and dominated by Mt. Everest, climbing Mera peak is an opportunity to all the adventure seekers who are physically fit. Lifting the eyes from Mera and keep on lifting them until, above the clouds, the mighty frieze of the world's 8000 meter Mountains- Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu and many other peaks is an unforgettable experience.
Mera Peak climbing begins following a short and exciting flight to the mountain airstrip of Lukla and after continuous trek for days through the high and lovely valleys you will get to the area of Mera. Although physically very demanding on account of the altitude, the climb on Mera Peak is not technically difficult as ascending snow slopes rarely exceed 40 degrees. The only qualification you need to ascend Mera peak is your excellent physical fitness and an extrovert sense of adventure. Our Mera peak itinerary has been carefully designed to allow gradual acclimatization for the climbers. The walk in initially through the virgin forest of the Hinku Valley is incredibly beautiful and provides excellent acclimatization for the peak itself. Our unrivalled service, quality equipment, food, trekking staff and an experienced leader ensure that your Mera trip will be an lifetime adventure experience in Nepal.
NOTE: It has been a matter of curiosity of many climbers that on which- North Mera Peak (6,476m/21,240 ft, Central Mera Peak (6,461m/ 21,190 ft), or South Mera Peak (6064m/ 19890 ft) have we been operating our Mera expedition. In general, we operate expedition to Mera Central (6,461m/ 21,190 ft) although the highest one is Mera North (6,476m/21,240 ft). Due to huge crevasses and glacial changes happening there in the route to Mera North we operate the expedition to Mera Central.
You may also be interested in some other HGT Peak Climbing itineraries:Mera Peak Climbing and Amphu Lapcha Pass-22 daysIsland Peak with Everest Base Camp Trek-19 daysIsland Peak with Gokyo and Everest Base Camp Trek-22 daysIsland peak climbing-14 days
Route maps are just representation of the trekking routes. This does not represent the exact geographical conditions.Click here for Mera Peak Climbing route map
Detailed Expedition Itinerary :
Kathmandu Arrival [1300m/4264ft]
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (KTM), you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking (HGT). After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc), pick up your luggage and look for HGT representative with a ...read more »»
What's Included :
Himalayan Glacier Trekking has a philosophy with trip inclusions: as much as possible is included so that customers know the total cost of the adventure trip up front
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu
- Teahouse and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals and boiled water in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Mera Peak climbing permit
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Group mountaineering camping and climbing equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included :
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
The Climbing Group
For the Mera Peak Climbing trip, there will be one leader, one cook, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers: 1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Mera Peak Climbing trip for at least a group of two, and include maximum of twelve people only, as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Requirements:
Mera Peak is not categorized as technical peak but a bit of technical knowledge would be beneficial for a little section of it, i.e., about 50m from the ...read more »»
Accommodations are included in the trip cost and HGT has chosen the best deluxe accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu in a 4-star Hotel, 1 night in lodge in Lukla, and 14 nights ...read more »»
Freshly cook Meals on full board basis will be provided by our experienced and trained cook during the trek with high level of balance diet, hygiene and safety. ...read more »»
Our Mera Peak climbing itinerary is planned with a high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to kill. ...read more »»
The most significant thing that makes your Mera Peak Climbing trip successful, enjoyable and memorable is the skilled, experienced, courteous and helpful trek and climb leader and the crew members who have ability of operating your days in the mountain smoothly. Your trip will be ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for Mera Peak Climbing certain equipments are essential.
Please Click here
for this trip's comprehensive checklist.
The most favorable seasons for Mera peak Climbing are Spring (March, April, May) and Autumn (mid September to November). We do have some departures during some other months as well because we would like to offer some opportunities for people who cannot make their holidays during the best months. The best months has been defined on the basis of visibility and weather condition.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: