Island Peak and Lobuche East Peak Expedition-23 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
We invite you to attempt our power packed peak climbing expedition which includes the Lobuche and Island Peaks plus Everest Base Camp. The adventure takes you to one of the most charming places in the Himalayas and between the highest mountains on the planet. Everest Base Camp is the most sought after trekking destination in the world. The Lobuche Peak(6119m/20,070 ft) summit offer up-close views of not only the gorgeous Mt. Everest, but you would also be able to witness many mountains of the Rongbuk side of the Tibet. Similarly, the Island Peak (6,189m/20,305ft) originally the Imjatse, is perhaps the most popular climbing peak in the Everest region. The Island Peak derives its name owing to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an Island on a sea of ice. The bliss you will experience after scaling the two most famous Peaks in the Everest region - Lobuche and Island - along with a trek to the base of world's highest mountain, the Everest, would certainly remain with you forever.
At first we trek to Everest Base Camp which not only gives you a chance to spend some time of your life among the high mountains, but also prepares our bodies to acclimatize, so that our bodies will easily adapt to the atmosphere while climbing Lobuche and Island Peaks. Then we summit the Lobuche Peak and descend down to Imja Khola Valley for the Island Peak.
The journey begins from and comes to conclusion at one of the most famous airstrip in the world, the Lukla Airport in the Everest Region. And don't forget the speed shoot - taking photos by, among others, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, and with your friends!
If you wish to attempt only Island Peak in just two weeks, consider our Island Peak Expedition-14 days. Other similar peak climbing expeditions include: Mera Peak Climbing-19 days, Kyajo Ri Expedition-21 days, etc.
Detailed Expedition Itinerary :
Arrival in Kathmandu - 1,300m/4,264 ft
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (KTM) you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking (HGT). After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative ...read more »»
What's Included :
Himalayan Glacier Trekking has a philosophy with trip inclusions. As much as possible is included so that customers know the total cost of the adventure trip up front:
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Three nights in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu
- Teahouse/tented accommodation in mountain
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Island Peak and Lobuche peak climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Group mountaineering climbing and camping equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included :
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, drinking water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
The Climbing Group
For the Island peak and Lobuche East climbing trip, there will be one leader, one cook, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers: 1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Lobuche East and Island peak Climbing trip for at least a group of two, and include maximum of twelve people only, as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Requirements:
Island Peak and Lobuche East both are categorized as "easy" peaks in "climbing" category. These are not technical peaks but you need good stamina for a long day effort while ...read more »»
Accommodations are included in the trip cost and HGT has chosen the best deluxe accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu in a 4-star Hotel, and 14-16 nights in comfortable teahouse/lodge, ...read more »»
Freshly cooked meals on full board basis will be provided through the teahouses during trekking. Each day dinner and breakfast will be provided in the same lodge you ...read more »»
Our Island peak and Lobuche East peak climbing trip is planned with a high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up too fast causes a medical condition ...read more »»
Himalayan Glacier only employs and train Nepalese leaders and local staff. By employing and training local people they put something back into their communities. HGT currently train all their Guides in the following courses and your Kyajo Ri Peak Climbing
leader will be ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for Island Peak and Lobuche East Peak Expedition certain equipments are essential.
Please Click here
for this trip's comprehensive checklist.
Trekking & Climbing Seasons
The best months spring (Mid March to May) and Autumn (mid September to mid December) are best seasons for Lobuche and Island peak climbing trip.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: