Lobuche East Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp-20 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Join our superb itinerary that gives you the combined adventure of Lobuche or Lobuche East Peak Climb (6119m/20,070 ft) with Everest Base Camp. Mt. Lobuche climb is certainly a bit more challenging than another popular climb to Island Peak. However, the magnificently panoramic views from the Lobuche summit prove the attempt worth undertaking. Not only the gorgeous Mt. Everest, you will also be able to see many mountains of the Rongbuk side of the Tibet, even those which are not visible from Island Peak. Besides, the mountains we also visit villages and monasteries to marvel at how human resolve can surpass even the harshest of environment. At first we trek to Everest Base Camp which not only gives you a chance to spend some time of your life among the high mountains, but also prepares our bodies to acclimatize, so that our bodies will easily adapt to the atmosphere while climbing Lobuche. The bliss you will experience after scaling the Lobuche Peak will certainly remain with you forever. And don't forget the speed shoot - taking photos by, among others, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, Lobuche and with your friends!
The journey begins with a mountain flight to the Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla of the National Geographic fame. The trek starts from Lukla up through the Sagarmatha National Park all the way through the colorful landscapes. As we take steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, the capital of Sherpas, we are greeted by spectacular mountain vistas. We continue to follow the trail to a famous vantage point, Kala Patthar, where a marvelous 360-degree panorama awaits. Mt. Kala Patthar, as the name suggests, is a "black rock" among the eternal whiteness around in the embrace Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Pumori, and many more. From Everest Base Camp, we trek down to Lobuche and head toward the Lobuche Base Camp. After summiting the Lobuche East we retrace our steps to Lukla again for a return flight to Kathmandu.
Some of the similar adventure climbs you might be interested: 19-day Island Peak expedition with Everest Base Camp Trek, Island Peak expedition with Gokyo and Everest Base Camp Trek-22 days, Mera Peak expedition-22 days, Mera Peak expedition-19 days.
Detailed Expedition Itinerary :
Arrival in Kathmandu - 1,300m/4,264 ft
Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (KTM) you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking (HGT). After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look ...read more »»
What's Included :
Himalayan Glacier Trekking has a philosophy with trip inclusions. As much as possible is included so that customers know the total cost of the adventure trip up front:
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Three nights in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu
- Teahouse/tented accommodation in mountain
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Lobuche peak climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Group mountaineering climbing and camping equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included :
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, drinking water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
The Climbing Group
For the Lobuche East climbing trip, there will be one leader, one cook, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers: 1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Lobuche East Climbing trip for at least a group of two, and include maximum of twelve people only, as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Requirements:
Lobuche East peak is categorized as "easy" peaks in "climbing" category. Lobuche is a little bit technical compared to Island peak. Lobuce East peak climbing can be done by those ...read more »»
Accommodations are included in the trip cost and HGT has chosen the best deluxe accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu in a 4-star Hotel, and 14-16 nights in comfortable teahouse/lodge, ...read more »»
Freshly cooked meals on full board basis will be provided through the teahouses during trekking. Each day dinner and breakfast will be provided in the same lodge you ...read more »»
Our Lobuche East peak climbing trip is planned with a high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to ...read more »»
Himalayan Glacier only employs and train Nepalese leaders and local staff. By employing and training local people they put something back into their communities. HGT currently train all their Guides in the following courses and your Kyajo Ri Peak Climbing
leader will be ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for Lobuche East Peak Climbing with Everest Base Camp certain equipments are essential.
Please Click here
for this trip's comprehensive checklist.
Trekking & Climbing Seasons
The best months spring (Mid March to May) and Autumn (October to mid December) are best seasons for Lobuche and East peak climbing trip.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: