Kyajo Ri Peak Climbing via Gokyo & Renjo La Pass-21 Days
10% OFF on MONSOON OFFER !!!
(Valid from 15th June to 31st Aug )
Join our superb itinerary for Kyajo Ri Climbing especially designed for the energetic adventurers in quest for a challenging trekking & climbing experience. Himalayan Glacier Trekking first organized Kyajo Ri peak in Nov 2008 for a British team of 11 pax, and also for an Australian team of 4 pax recently in 2011. Being the highest point on the massif dividing the Gokyo and Thame valleys, Kyajo Ri summit offers excellent views of the whole Khumbu Region. The Everest region which boasts of four of the world's six tallest peaks Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu is also blessed with numerous lesser mountain peaks, including the Kyajo Ri. Since, the expedition passes through Gokyo and Renjo La pass, the views of the Everest heartlands with abounding natural beauty of shimmering lakes are sure to mesmerize you.
The Kyajo Ri peak with a sharp definite summit is an outstanding climbing peak among the trekking peaks of Nepal Himalaya. In the Khumbu Himalaya, the north of Namche is a long line of small rocky peaks continuing all the way to Cho Oyu on the Nepalese -Tibetan border, and the 6,186 meter (20,290 feet) high Kyajo Ri is the highest summit on this ridge. Although a 6000er, or a trekking peak, Kyajo Ri commands no less respect and preparation from the adventurers. Kyajo Ri can be attempted through different routes. Unlike Lobuche East or Island Peak, Kyajo Ri climbing route actually ends on the highest magnificent pointed summit. Moreover, trekking through the Everest region offers astounding mountain views, an opportunity to take a glimpse into the life of world famous climbers (the Sherpas), a chance to survey around a world heritage site (Sagarmatha National Park) that hosts a variety of Himalayan floras and faunas, and an opportunity to explore the highest Buddhist monasteries in the world.
You may also be interested in some other HGT Peak Climbing itineraries: Mera Peak Climbing-22 days; Mera Peak Climbing-19 days, Island peak climbing with Gokyo and Everest base camp trek-22 days ; Island peak climbing with Everest Base Camp Trek-19 days.
Detailed Expedition Itinerary :
Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier Trekking. After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc), you will be transferred to Hotel Shanker or a similar category hotel. ...read more »»
What's Included :
Himalayan Glacier Trekking has a philosophy with trip inclusions. As much as possible is included so that customers know the total cost of the adventure trip up front:
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Three nights in 4-star hotel (Hotel Shanker or similar category hotel) in Kathmandu
- Tented accommodation in mountain
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals and boiled water in mountain
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits and Mera Peak climbing permit
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Himalayan Glacier Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map
- Group mountaineering climbing and camping equipments-very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
What's Not Included :
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
The Climbing Group
For the Kyajo Ri Peak Climbing trip, there will be one leader, one cook, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers: 1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers). This arrangement ensures that should anybody in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. We can run the Kyajo Ri Peak Climbing trip for at least a group of two, and include maximum of twelve people only, as we've found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you'd like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
Health & Experience Requirements:
Kyajo Ri Mountain is technical than general trekking peaks and it is a hard climbing part of your expedition with slope sections of 45-65 degrees ice or snow. You must ...read more »»
Accommodations are included in the trip cost and HGT has chosen the best deluxe accommodation for 3 nights in Kathmandu in a 4-star Hotel, 1 night in lodge in Lukla, and 14 nights ...read more »»
Freshly cook Meals on full board basis will be provided by our experienced and trained cook during the trek with high level of balance diet, hygiene and safety. ...read more »»
Our Kyajo Ri Peak climbing itinerary is planned with a high degree of awareness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Going up too fast causes a medical condition serious enough to ...read more »»
Himalayan Glacier only employs and train Nepalese leaders and local staff. By employing and training local people they put something back into their communities. HGT currently train all their Guides in the following courses and your Kyajo Ri Peak Climbing
leader will be ...read more »»
Equipments & Packing List
While packing for Kyajo Ri Peak Climbing via Gokyo & Renjo La Pass certain equipments are essential.
Please Click here
for this trip's comprehensive checklist.
Trekking & Climbing Seasons
The best months spring (Mid March to May) and Autumn (mid September to mid December) are best seasons for Kyajo Ri climbing trip.
Trip Start Dates & Price
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please contact us by email
. If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: US telephone:
704-200-7512 Asia telephone: