The Indian Government has granted Tourist Visa on Arrival enabled by Electronic Authorization (e-Tourist visa) facility & same is available for passport holders of following countries:
Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Island, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Vietnam.
- Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example: If you are applying on September 1 then the applicant can select arrival date from September 5 to October 4.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and as per specification.
- The visa fee is US$ 60/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards. The fee must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise application will not be processed.
- The visa fee once submitted is non-refundable.
- Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at immigration on arrival in India.
- The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- The visa is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
- The visa once issued on arrival is only single entry, non extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting protected/restricted and cantonment areas.
- Applicant can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
- Please be careful while making payment of the visa fee. If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application ID would be blocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling the application from again and regenerating a new application id.
- Before re-applying, the applicants are requested to wait for 4 hours for payment status updating, after final submission of the application from and payment for the fee. The payment status update may take up to 4 hours.
For detail of e-Tourist Visa, check following link