Nepal is an ideal destination for those travelers who are seeking a perfect adventure escape in the Himalayas. Beyond mountain trekking, the Himalayan Rivers in Nepal offer unbeatable joy and adventure of white water rafting. Nepal’s rivers are second to none, originating from the glaciers of the world’s highest mountains. If you are moving forth for Adventure Holiday in Nepal: Trekking, Sightseeing, Rafting, Canyoning and Safari, the various tranquil and beautiful sites of Nepal welcome you with the different sorts of adventure activities including river rafting. There is plenty of white water to keep the adrenaline high, with more tranquil stretches in between allowing time to reflect on the abundance of natural beauty. Camping with campfire overnight on the bank of river gives you the lifetime memory. Here are listed the top 7 white water rafting rivers in Nepal that offer you the zenith of adventure thrill.
1. Marsyangdi River Rafting is a serious undertaking that awakens your nerves throughout the trip. Seasoned rafters from around the globe consider the Marsyangdi one of the Best Rafting Rivers in the world. The Marsyangdi River flows east through an arid valley around Manang and swings to the south of the Trisuli River at Mugling. The river is one of the most outstanding grade IV Kayaking Rivers in the world and an ideal choice for those wanting an intense and extreme rafting trip and is better suited to those who have had previous rafting experience. The river rages through narrow gorges and canyons and gets past the spectacular Annapurna Mountains. Opened in 1996 for commercial rafting, this river demands the strongest commitment from both crew and guide for conquering the ultimate challenge. In over all, throughout the trip you enjoy the great view of Manaslu and Annapurna, and continuously exhilarate a world-class whitewater rafting experience.
2. Rafting on the Trishuli River is an excellent opportunity to observe the diversity of demography, landscapes, and cultural heritage and the flora and fauna of Nepal. You can experience the thrills of white-water on the course of short adventure trip to this glacial river while making the Kathmandu and Chitwan Tour. The Trishuli River is the most easily accessible from Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan National Park. Scenic valleys and impressive gorges, exhilarating rapids and easier sections as well as the right amount of time all make it the perfect trip for first-time or experienced rafters. Besides, it is an excellent river for those looking for a short river trip, without the challenge of huge rapids, but with some really exciting rapids, with beautiful scenery and a relatively peaceful environment. But there are numerous exciting rapids on the rivers as well. The exciting rapids make your fun more challenging during high flows with a good mixture of continuous rapids and pleasant calm water.
3. Sun Koshi River Rafting, one of the ten best river rafting adventures in the world, is the longest trip offered in this Himalayan nation. Rafting on this river begins from the hilly region with your put-in point at Dolalghat, just a two-hour drive from Kathmandu and you end the trip at Chatara, down in the plain. Just complete your Kathmandu Tour and embark on an ultimate adventure of your life. The Sun Kosi River traverses the Mahabharat range and follows one of the main geological fault lines of the Himalayas. This is also an excellent trip for intermediate and advanced kayakers. The rushing waters of Sun Koshi come down from the snow-capped mountains, passing through the hills and plains, great gorges and canyons offering a fascinating river trip. The giant waves on the river are overwhelming. Overall, the world-class rapids, stunning scenery, great camping sites, tranquil evenings, vibrant culture and bounteous wildlife, all make your trip one of the world’s best river journeys.
4. Rafting in Kaligandaki river is wonderful adventure passing through superb scenes, wildlife, unexplored remote villages, challenging rapids, terrific gorges, pristine jungles, and sandy beaches. The Kali Gandaki River rafting adventure can be enjoyed by those who are professional and amateur in water adventures. Just complete your Annapurna Circuit Trek and enjoy the beautiful moment of your life while adventuring at Kali Gandaki. While passing through world’s deepest gorge, Kaligandiki Gorge, you can have the chances of viewing spectacular Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Massifs. Beyond this, experience the local culture, visit sacred places along the river with thrilling and exciting experiences and make this trip a lifetime adventure. Above all, a beautiful unspoiled river with good white water, Kali Gandaki, is ideal for people wanting an exciting medium-length raft trip. It is also suitable for a self-sufficient kayak trip for intermediate and expert kayakers.
5. Karnali River rafting, the most incredible journeys of life, is one of the best river trips available in the World. Nepal’s longest and largest river, the Karnali springs forth from Mount Kailash, a sacred river in Tibet. Flowing south into Nepal, it forms the major drainage system for the western districts before dropping off into dramatic canyons raging with big volume white water and eventually flowing into remote areas of pristine jungle abundant with wildlife, and birdlife. If you are looking for a truly authentic and remote self support river expedition with extreme white water excitement, combined with a long, peaceful and relaxing float into pristine wilderness – then this is the right choice for you. During the incredible river journey, pass through deep gorges at various bend of Karnali River and experience the adventure thrill in the remote regions of Nepal. During this river adventure you can even visit at Chisapani and visit for Bardia National Park Tour.
6. Seti River rafting is an ideal trip for those wanting to experience some of the stunning river scenery in Nepal without the intensity of complex or challenging rapids. The Seti river rafting is even suitable for family trips and it is the best river to learn kayaking in Nepal. The river journey will be really a pleasant and picturesque. This trip offers beautiful mountain views of Annapurna South, Fish-tail and Lamjung Himal. After accomplishing Kathmandu Pokhara River & Wildlife Tour, you can embark for this trip which takes you to the yard of Mother Nature. The warm and beautiful river passes through stunning jungle scenery, green hills and valleys. It is an excellent river even for bird-watchers and those interested in the abundance of nature found on this trip. Throughout the trip, there will be much scope for exploration, photography and bird watching. One also has the opportunity to swim or just relax on the sandy beach of the river. In nutshell, this unique river passes through two beautiful and contrasting scenic areas offering a good variety of Nepali landscapes with local villages, terraced rice fields, waterfalls, jungle corridor and beautiful white sandy beach for camping under the stars.
7. Bhote Koshi River Rafting is considered as one of the best short white water rafting trips in the world. Bhotekoshi River is the steepest river that is rafted in Nepal, with continuous rapid action making this river a full-on commitment and a huge adrenaline rush. There will not have much time to look at the mountain scenery and surroundings once you are on this river as whitewater action starts. However, en route there is an excellent opportunity to admire the stunning views of the Himalayas! This is an ideal trip for those wanting a short but intensely thrilling rafting trip. It is better suited to those who have some previous rafting experience. If you have limited time, or just the desire for an adrenaline overload, this is the river for you. Beyond this adrenaline rush, you can make Extended Kathmandu Valley Tour.