Nepal, a country of full of spectacular Himalayas, lush green hills, and valleys, has some chances to do some great adventure sports. Apart from mountain trekking and expedition, every year adventure enthusiasts visit Nepal to try some different adventure sports. Some of the famous adventure sports are Bungee Jumping, Mountain Biking, Paragliding, and many more. Here are listed the top 7 incredible adventure sports in Nepal.
1. Paragliding in Nepal is an amazing adventure activity. The main area for flying in Nepal is the Annapurna region, more specifically the Pokhara valley. This lakeside town is Nepal’s second “city”, nestled at the foot of the Annapurna Himal, the views commanded from here, of 3 of the worlds 8000m peaks, are unsurpassed. If you have completed Nepal Sunrise Tour in the vicinity of Pokhara, then do not miss the opportunity of Paragliding. Paragliding, like everything in Pokahra, is constantly evolving. If you have dreamed of flying, Paragliding in Pokhara helps you make your dream come true. Paragliding from the top of Sarangkot is one of the most exciting experiences in the Himalaya. Travelers come from all over the world to take advantage of the ideal jump off spots at Sarangkot at 1425m. From there you also can fly around the Fewa Lake and enjoy the view of Machapucre- the tall mountain. Nothing compares to the feeling of soaring freely with the birds over one of the most picturesque landscapes on earth.
2. Bungee jumping is another incredible adventure activity in Nepal. The unbelievable 160m drop into the Bhote Koshi River situated close to the Tibet and Nepal border is the maximum free-fall in the world which also lets you view the dense jungle with a striking view in the world. Give a break to yourself to taste your adventure stamina while embarking for a Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour via Everest Base Camp. Bungee in Nepal takes place on a 166 meter wide steel suspension bridge. Swiss designed especially for bungee jumping with a 4x safety factor, the bridge has a loading factor of 250 kg per running meter. It is the most spectacular jump on the planet. The stunning natural surrounding so close to Tibet makes the jump an almost magical experience. So, grab the incredible opportunity of Nepal’s ultimate rush in one of the longest free falls in the world.
3. Hot Air Ballooning, the latest adventure sport of Nepal for mountain views, is one of the most exciting adventures in Pokhara. Look up into the sky and see the awe-inspiring towers of the Himalayas. To walk among those mountains is more wonderful still. But to glide silently among them, this is perhaps the most thrilling of all. Flying by airplanes might be a good option for viewing just the mountains but if you want to see the beautiful landscape that Nepal possess, you have to get on board with a Balloon which glides with the Himalayan breeze kissing your chicks; something that you won’t be able to get again anywhere on this planet. The serene mountain views with the historic monuments of Pokhara valley really give you a charm of visiting Nepal. If you look north to the snowcapped mountains of Annapurna range you realize that the awesome wilderness of Himalayas. Likewise, make a Kathmandu Tour and fly 3000 meter above the valley that opens up vast of enchanting sights. Breathe easily in the fresh, crisp air of the quintessential Kathmandu dawn as you absorb the 360 view of awe-inspiring landscape – lush green hills, terraced fields enriched by nature’s colors, terra-cotta structures huddled together like watchful sentinels, a gilded temple spire, lonely Stupa. Overall, experience the most mesmerizing sky ride and enjoy the moment that makes dreams a reality.
4. Canyoning, the incredible and the increasingly popular adventure sport in Nepal, is an extreme adventure that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping into deep pool, swimming and climbing down waterfalls on steep canyon cliffs strapped in harness with help of ropes and other tools and outfitted in wet suit, helmet etc.. This unique combination of skills gives the courageous canyoneers the freedom to explore some of the most ruggedly beautiful yet inaccessible natural treasures of Himalayas. Like most other outdoors adventure activities canyoning, too, enhances you to be close with nature. Canyoning, provides a unique way of interacting with the nature and get wet in the cool streams of lush forested areas of Himalayas. This exciting adventure sport motivates travelers to get to those very places and have fun and enjoy the natural beauty. It is a truly amazing experience to explore mysterious nooks and crannies of Himalayas, climb down waterfalls and dive into pools deep in the forests all of which are integral part of canyoning in Nepal. In overall, make an Adventure Holiday in Nepal: Trekking, Sightseeing, Rafting, Canyoning and Safari and control over your body and mind to explore some of the last forbidden places in the Himalayas.
5. Rock Climbing, if you are planning for long mountain expedition and trekking above eight-thousanders in the Himalayas like Mt. Everest Expedition, will be a thrilling experience to prepare yourself. Beyond this, it is an incredible adventure sport in itself. Rock climbing in Nepal is an activity in which you will climb up or across natural rock formations or man-made rock walls with the goal of reaching the summit of a formation or the endpoint of a pre-defined route. Furthermore, the adventure sport is a physically and mentally demanding sport, one that often tests a climber’s strength, endurance, agility, and balance along with his or her mental control. It can be a dangerous sport and knowledge of proper climbing techniques and usage of specialized climbing equipment is crucial for the safe completion of routes. Nepal offers some really terrific places for enthusiast travelers who like crawling up vertical cliffs with the help of their fingernails.
6. Mountain Biking, an exhilarating adventure in the Himalayas, helps you discover one of the world’s greatest wonderful experiences. It is a tremendous way to see the exotic sights such as the ancient temples and the rural village life around Pokhara. Here you will enjoy the timeless culture and rich flora and fauna. On biking at your own pace along some of the hidden trails to the rarely visited rural villages around Pokhara you will see the warm smiles of locals living the preserved, traditional life. Cycling around Phewa, Begnas and Rupa Tal and biking to Sarangkot and journeying to downhill in the shadow of Annapurna Himal provide unbeatable joy. Furthermore, Nepal offers a great diversity of terrain with a varied climate from the pleasant scenic rides of the tropical plains of Terai to the subtropical valleys of the middle mountains, to the more challenging Trans Himalayan zones that lie in the rain shadow of the Himalayas. Beyond this, just advance for Lhasa to Kathmandu Mountain Bike Tour and see the exotic sights of the ancient routes of Trans-Himalayan. Here you will enjoy the timeless culture and rich flora and fauna of Himalayan heritage and the traditional rural life style that has preserved for centuries.
7. Rafting in Nepal, an invigorating adventure sport, bestows picturesque views of towering peaks, deep forests, diverse villages, wonderful valleys, beautiful rivers and more with a bird’s eye view. Beyond mountain trekking, the Himalayan Rivers in Nepal offer unbeatable joy and adventure of white water rafting. Nepal’s rivers are second to none, originating from the glaciers of the world’s highest mountains. There is plenty of white water to keep the adrenaline high, with more tranquil stretches in between allowing time to reflect on the abundance of natural beauty. Rafting in the rivers around Pokhara- Kali Gandaki and Upper Seti, you will find the world’s most thrilling whitewater with a wide range of difficulties, warm water and bug free beaches for camping. More properly saying, if something remains to explore in the Annapurna region even after completing Annapurna Base Camp Trek, then river rafting is the best way to explore mystery of Annapurna region. Apart from rivers in the Annapurna region, rafting over Trishuli, Marsyangdi, Sun Koshi, Karnali, and Bhote Koshi rivers provide you an unchallenged rafting experience in Nepal.
Latest posts by Himalayan Glacier (see all)
- Explore India’s 10 Top Most Tourist Attractions - Dec 4, 2017
- 7 reasons to go for Langtang Valley Trek - Nov 15, 2017
- 10 Facts about Namche Bazaar for a Trekker in the Everest Region - Nov 6, 2017