Dip in this Christmas and New Year into the famous valleys of Nepal – Kathmandu and Pokhara. Definitely, Kathmandu is full of cultural treasure trove of ancient Nepal – representing golden era of Newari art and cultural. Likewise, make a short exploration tour in the lake city of Nepal – Pokhara. Pokhara, undoubtedly, redefines what is called beauty of nature in your life. Make a fresh and surpassing Charismas festival in capturing the famous landmarks of Kathmandu Valley and celebrate your precious moment of New Year enjoying the beauty of nature in the yard of Annapurna Range. We have recently drafted top 5 tours for your best festive mood and celebration which are presented here.
- Kathmandu Tour, one of the top festive tours, not only showcases the rich culture of the Nepal but also takes you back in time through its architectural wonders. The festive escape takes you to four UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Bauddhanath and Swayambhunath temples that hold both religious and cultural importance in Nepal. Kathmandu Durbar Square showcases Nepalese art and architecture at its best. Similarly, the Swayambhunath Temple has a compelling mix of both Hindu and Buddhist shrines and stupas. Besides, Pashupatinath Temple on the banks of Bagmati River is one of the main temples of Lord Shiva. The temple area is full of other smaller temples of numerous Hindu deities which gives the whole place an ambience of a sacred paradise. And, the Bauddhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in South Asia which was built on the ancient trade route to Tibet.
- Kathmandu Cycling Tour, the best festive experience in Kathmandu, provides an opportunity to indulge into the rich culture, historic sites, ancient temples, shrines and fascinating villages of the valley. This opportunity enhances you to intermingle with the locals along the way. Begin your cycling trip to Chobhar gorge which is located 9km southwest of Kathmandu valley. Here, you learn about a mythical legend that revolves around the making of the valley. You can also visit Adinath temple situated on top of the hill and enjoy the picturesque view of the valley. While cycling to Kirtipur, an ancient town located on a ridge 10km southwest of the valley, you can observe the old shrines, temples and traditional houses typical to the valley.
- Kathmandu Hiking Tour, a fantastic tour for these upcoming festivals, is for those who want to enjoy a brilliant walk in the outskirts of the valley. The hiking tour allows you to enjoy the beautiful green forests, meadows, and farmlands which are abundant in the outskirts of the valley. The tour also helps to discover the culture and customs of the Nepalese people along the way. Hiking from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan Temple early in the morning rewards magnificent sunrise view and the ever-soaring Himalayans including Mount Everest. Likewise in hiking to Shivapuri Hills at north of Kathmandu, you come across Shivapuri Conservation area, Buddhist monastery and the picturesque view of snow-capped Himalayas surrounding the valley.
- Pokhara Tour, the best of the best for festive mood in Nepal, unfolds the thrill of a perfect outing at nature’s hidden paradise. With a majestic view of the Annapurna range at its backdrop and a tranquil lake at its centre, Pokhara is the perfect destination for daily escape. The stillness of Phewa Lake, the mystery of David’s Fall, the attraction of Bindybasini Temple, the wonder of Mahendra Gupha, the stunning depth of Seti Gandaki Gorge, the peaceful existence of World Peace Pagoda-a massive Buddhist stupa, and the local dimension of The Old Bazaar really move your heart in Pokhara.
- Pokhara Paragliding, undoubtedly one of the attractions of these festivals, is full of adventure and thrill within the spectacular mountain scenery of Pokhara Valley. People come from all over the world to take advantage of the ideal jump off spots at Sarangkot at 1425m. From there travelers fly around Phewa Lake and enjoy the view of Machapucre.
Just go strolling around the colorful streets of Kathmandu Valley and naturally pristine environments of Pokhara. Celebrate your Christmas and New Year with the spirit of these two culturally and naturally attractive valleys of Nepal for the perfect festive experiences.
Latest posts by Himalayan Glacier (see all)
- Explore India’s 10 Top Most Tourist Attractions - Dec 4, 2017
- 7 reasons to go for Langtang Valley Trek - Nov 15, 2017
- 10 Facts about Namche Bazaar for a Trekker in the Everest Region - Nov 6, 2017