September 11, 2013
The top 7 ways of trekking in the Annapurna region are the extraordinary adventures to be in the company of some of the highest mountains on earth. Mt. Annapurna rises to 8091m and is the 10th highest mountain in the world. The Annapurna region lies in the foothill of Mt. Annapurna in North-central Nepal stretching along with Lamjung Himal from the Kali Gandaki in the west to the Marshyangdi in the east. Trekking in the Annapurna region involves walking through rice farms, forests and friendly ethnic villages in the lower realm of the Annapurna Conservation Area. The treks also provide a chance to visit the Hindu pilgrimage site – Muktinath. Besides, the 7 ways of trekking also cover Tatopani, Ghorepani, Ghandruk, Pokhara, and Kathmandu. Here are listed the top 7 ways of trekking in the Annapurna region.
1. Annapurna Circuit Trek, a magical trek, takes you around the entire Annapurna massif reaching the Zenith at Thorong La Pass (5,416m). Annapurna Circuit Trek, one of the most popular classic treks in the world takes you within the world’s tenth highest mountain, the Annapurna. From a mere height of 800 meters to the high altitude of 5, 416 meters, you will pass through a diverse geographical and cultural variation with an amazing range of flora and fauna in between. The initial days of the trek involves walking through rice farms, forests and friendly villages in the lower realms of the Annapurna Conservation Area. Just imagine the thrills of walking through world’s deepest Kali Gandaki Gorge, with Annapurna I rising to 8091m to the east and Dhaulagiri hovering at 8167m to the west! Cross the highest pass, Thorong La on the way from Manang to Muktinath, savor the fabulous mountain views from the summit of Poon Hill at 3,210m and discover more than ten different culturally rich ethnic groups that reside in different climate zones of Annapurna Circuit.
2. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is believed to be one of our most popular treks in the world. The trek is suitable for those trekkers who would like to get to Annapurna Base Camp but are restricted time-wise. This invigorating trek to Annapurna Base Camp passes through waterfalls, villages, farmlands, rhododendron forests, and mountain vistas. The base camp trek, like others in the Annapurna region, takes off from the lake city of Pokhara at a mere height of around 800 meters to a high altitude of over 4,000 meters with gradual acclimatization process. You also pass through a diverse geographical and cultural variation with amazing ranges of flora and fauna in between. Needless to say that throughout this trekking journey you get to enjoy the sheer magnificence of the Himalayas, including two mountains that are above eight thousand meters – Mt. Annapurna (8091 m) and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m); hospitality and rich culture of the local community and the brilliance of nature.
3. Annapurna Circle Trek is one of the most popular classic treks in the world that takes you from 830m to 5,416m through the deep valleys and high mountains encircling the giant Annapurna Himal. The most enchanting trek further provides you a chance to meet with wide range of culturally rich ethnic groups and walk in a diverse terrain, from subtropical jungle to a high and dry landscape resembling the Tibetan plateau. While experiencing an opportunity to interact with assorted ethnic groups, it will be a walk by the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki gorge, an exciting triumph over one of the world’s highest pass -Thorong La, the Manang valley, the spiritual Muktinath and the most fantastic viewpoint-Poon Hill. Upon the completion of this magical trek, you will find you have gone through the entire Annapurna massif and reached the Zenith.
4. Annapurna Sanctuary Trek is a spectacular journey on foot to the South Face of Annapurna I – a pleasant hike through the ethnically diversified villages and forests assorted by flora and fauna. Explore the way upstream along the Modi Khola into the Annapurna Sanctuary, a valley surrounded by towering Himalayan peaks including the breathtaking Machhapuchhare (6,993m). Experience the opportunity of watching sunrise over the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges from Poon Hill as the bequest of the trip. Traversing through valleys, villages, rivers, waterfalls, and forests and enjoying the magnificence view of nature, you continue your journey passing through more crystal clear views of the unconquered Machhapuchhare peak (6,993m) – tip of which resembles a fishtail. Your journey gets slightly more difficult during the ascent to the Machhapuchhare Base Camp (3,700m). The peaks of Annapurna-III (7,600m) and Annapurna-IV (7,400m) are visible from this point and the gigantic glacier of Machhapuchhare makes its presence felt. The next leg of the trek will take you to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m), a natural amphitheatre, a picture that will remain with you forever. The sunrise is another view of note as it gradually illuminates the peak of Annapurna-I (8,091m). The vicinity is also popular for its natural hot springs.
5. Annapurna Sunrise Trek (Poon Hill Trek) is a relatively easy walk meandering through villages and rhododendron forests. This invigorating trek reveals some of the best views of the Himalayas especially from the Poon Hill which is considered as the best viewpoint in the Annapurna region. Just behold the magnificence of the sunrise over the snow-capped Himalayas that illuminate the peaks of the entire range and leaving you spellbound! While trekking along to Ghorepani, you marvel at colorful orchids and clear views of the splendid high mountains including the two eight-thousanders – Mt. Annapurna (8091 m) and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m). Upon reaching the final destination, Poon Hill (3210m) is a reward in itself, perhaps one of the most beautiful viewpoints on earth. The added presence of rice terraces completes the picture making it a photographer’s paradise. Then, you trek to the beautiful Gurung village of Ghandruk and enjoy the ethnic hospitality along with the cultural magnificence of Gurung Museum. Overall, the beautiful trek is suitable for those travelers who desire to have family fun in the rural mountainside with up-close Himalayan views.
6. Jomsom Muktinath Trek starts from world’s deepest Kali Gandaki gorge and passes through an almost tree-less barren landscape, a steep rocky trail up and down hill and panoramic views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several other peaks. The initial days of the trek through the Annapurna region ascends through rice terraces and villages inhabited by the indigenous people. Continuing along the Kali Gandaki River Gorge, marvel at the splendid peaks of Annapurna-I and Dhaulagiri both of which reach heights in excess of 8000m. The trek gets interesting in Tatopani where you will have the opportunity to relax in natural hot springs! Then the trek passes through Jomsom and Kagbeni, the entry point of upper Mustang Region. Explore the hundreds of years old monastery, caves, local tribes and scenic beauties of the different landscapes. The grandeur of the Dhaulagiri Glacier is on show a little further up along with the first glimpse of the windy Tibetan Plateau on the way to the holy Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath (3800m). From Muktinath, you trek downhill to Jomsom village on the Tibetan Plateau where you can look around at the gateway to the “Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang”, and get a glimpse of the ancient traditions still in practice.
7. Annapurna Sunrise and Everest View Trek combines nature, adventure, culture, and hospitality – the best that Nepal has to offer. It is an opportunity to trek in the two of the most popular trekking regions in the world – the Annapurna and Everest. This trek features a wide range of spectacular scenery combined with unique cultural encounters. From mesmerizing views from one of the most beautiful viewpoints on earth, the Poon Hill of Annapurna to one of the world’s highest monasteries in Tengboche of Everest region, the trek combines a magnificent galore of both the natural and cultural panorama that Nepal offers. Moreover, the opportunity to capitalize an awesome beauty of Mt. Everest and other eight-thousanders would certainly make this trek a memorable experience of the lifetime. Besides, Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill, Ghandruk, Sagarmatha National Park, Namche Bazaar, and Tengboche are also tailored in this trek.
December 15, 2011
The Annapurna Sanctuary trek was fantastic and I’m very satisfied with the services provided my Himalayan Glacier Trekking. The whole team was great! Sudarshan was a great guide and he was very professional. Vishnu as well as Dhon and Prakash our porters were always helpful and went out of their way to make sure that our experience on the trek was nothing less than amazing. They were attentive to even the smallest details to ensure that we had a great trek.
I would like to thank the whole team at Himalayan for their excellent customer service. From beginning to end, it was a trip that I will remember for a long time. I would recommend Himalayan to anyone who wishes to go to Nepal. Himalayan took care of all the details of the trek, as well as the pre and post-trip arrangements in Kathmandu and Pokhara and this made my experience worry-free and wonderful.
January 31, 2011
Despite the setbacks that we ran into during our Nepalese experience (flight, weather) and our flight back delayed, Dario (my son ) and me , have been very well in our Nepalese Stay. We could know Nepal people, very friendly and helpfulness, the environment of your wonderful country, your great and nice team with its leader Giri. I would like to say thank you to everybody; first of all Giri, always available, Lostmod, not so chatty, but very serious and reliable and all the porters polite and friendly.
With them and our trek friend, we have been very well. I hope to have chance again to meet all the mentioned people. Thank you also to you, Naba and your organization. We definitely recommend you and your organization for other people. We look forward to come again for Tibet and Bhutan tour.
All the best for you,
November 30, 2008
I would like to thank Himalayan Glacier, our trekking guide Bimal, and yourself for organizing an outstanding trip that was seamless in every way, from the airport to kathmandu to the mountains and everywhere in-between, and always being their for me. Your planning and attention to detail was truly outstanding. I was very impressed.