I would like to thank everyone at HGT for the fine service your company provided for my recent Everest Base Camp Trek. I have nothing but the highest regard for everyone in your company, from the office staff to the porters, to the trek leader and the assistant leader.
Specifically, I would like to make the following observations/comments:
- Being met at the airport by Giri with a garland of flowers was a great way to begin the experience.
- The Hotel Shanker exceeded my expectations. The accommodations were quite comfortable, clean, and conveniently located. The buffet breakfasts were excellent and the hotel staff most helpful and courteous.
- Our tour of Kathmandu was excellent and most informative. Our guide was quite knowledgeable.
- The dinner out the first night was first rate, and I enjoyed the dance performance. (You might want to include this highlight in your brochure.)
- Going to the office, meeting the staff, and then being issued our duffel bags, sleeping bags and jackets was efficient.
- The morning flight to Lukla was exciting, Giri helped to minimize the stress of the “crazy” airport scene and the handling of our luggage. I would suggest that the luggage be weighed the night before at the hotel to avoid last minute problems of being overweight and having to rush to remove items.
- Getting started on the trek the first day was so very exciting. I will never forget my first impressions of the mountains, trails and people of Nepal as we set out.
- My traveling companions, couples from Germany and Australia, were most gracious and enjoyable. They always made me fell welcome, though I was far older and single.
- The method of having the assistant leader, Uttar set a deliberate pace with Giri at the end of the group was perfect. The group kept together and the pace was never too fast or too slow. The rest stops were also well conceived, giving us a chance to catch our breath and to enjoy the scenery.
- Giri is simply the best. He was always attentive to our needs, especially our health and safety. When I experienced stomach problems, he offered excellent advice which helped to get me through it. When I developed double vision, as a result of altitude, he kept a very close watch on me, assuring that my symptoms did not get worse. He is a gentleman and professional of the highest caliber.
- The lodgings were well chosen, and my room was always clean and comfortable. The food at all of the lodges was quite good.
- I want to thank HGT for providing single accommodations for me without the supplement fee.
- I was not prepared for the primitive toilet facilities, however, as we got further along. These facilities were especially difficult when I came down with diarrhea. I find no fault with HGT on this, but a more specific description in your brochure might have made me better prepared as to what to expect.
- The final lunch together at Kilroy’s was fabulous, and this is another highlight which could be added to the brochure. It was a wonderful (and delicious) way to end our experience together.
- The trek was more difficult than I expected, mostly because I became ill. I am very pleased that I was able to reach EBC and will never forget that very special day and accomplishment.
- Nepal is a beautiful and breathtaking. Thanks to HGT, I am fortunate to have seen some of the greatest mountains on our planet. The people of Nepal are gracious and friendly, and so very hard working. I was inspired by their faith.
Thank you once again for the experience of a lifetime. I’m only sorry that I waited until I was 66 years old to make this trip. I will gladly recommend HGT to any of my friends who might plan to make the journey, or you may use me as a referral.
cc. Mario, Johanna, Jarrod, Greer