Mr Kamal writes after back to Sydney
February 26, 2009
Mr Kamal & Ms Gayathri are back home safe, Gayathri was rescued from Dingboche in Helicopter as she had food poisiting.
We are back in Sydney. Back to our boring routine. Gayathri moved to a hostel near her campus and we are busy with our work.
It is warm here and we already miss the cold weather of Nepal. I wish to share some ideas about the trek and some pictures. I believe that the whole the trek and climbing was very well organized and well paced. Guide “Tilak” is marvelous. He had a good knowledge of the route, surrounding mountains locations, and people. He was helpful through out the trek and sometimes carried my bags for me. We remember your porter “Lok Dal” as a very strong, polite and careful person. The way he cared of my daughter, when she got in to the trouble was excellent. If you keep employing person with these qualities, your organization will thrive and will never go out of business. Please take a good care of them. You can not afford to loose them to another organization.
I have few comments:
- Meeting at the Kathmandu Air Port, dinner and night out at Kathmandu, and introduction to the trek was excellent.
- Any hints about the food we should look at while on the trek would be a greatly beneficial. For example I feel that if Gaya avoided meat and diary products at Namche Bazar, she would not get the food poisoning.
- The guides were very friendly, helpful during the whole trip and set a good pace for our fitness and acclimatisation levels.
- Visiting Everest View Hotel was worthwhile. We should have stayed for a longer to enjoy it.
- The rest day in Namche was also good. But I feel that we should have continued to Kumchung next day and rest.
- The lodges we stayed at were good, except for Tembouche. Food we had at Temboughe was very ordinary. Is it possible to avoid Tembouche and walk up to Pembouche for the night rest?
- The pacing of the walk was good especially for my age.
- The way you handle the emergency was excellent. Helicopter arrived in time and the clinic you recommended was excellent.
- In Overall I could recommend to any one your service. I am not good in writing of references. But if you wish to give anyone my coordination for recommendation, I do not have any issues with it. My Email is ————@rta.nsw.gov.au.
Again thanks for your service. I wish you a good health and prosperous business in future.
Kamal and Gayathri