April 18, 2014
Located 32 kilometers east of Kathmandu, Nagarkot is the premiere Hill Station on the Kathmandu Valley Rim. One of the most scenic spots in Bhaktapur district, Nagarkot is renowned for its spectacular views of the sunrise and the lofty Himalayas. Historically, Nagarkot was a place for the royals of Nepal to escape the scorching heat of summer and a hectic city life. From any clear point on the ridge, you can take in a panorama, from Dhaulagiri in the west to Mt. Everest and Kanchenjunga in the east, via Ganesh Himal (7406m), Langtang Lirung (7246m), Shisha Pangma (8012m), Dorje Lakpa (6975m) and Gauri Shankar (7146m). It also offers an excellent view of the Indrawati river valley to the east. With an elevation of 2,195 meters, Nagarkot also offers a panoramic view of the Valley and is described by visitors as a place whose beauty endures year round.
April 17, 2014
Draped like a scarf along a high ridge above Dumre, Bandipur is a living museum of Newari culture. Its winding lanes are lined with tall Newari houses and people here seem to live centuries before the rest of the country. Bandipur is a pearl of an historic mountain town between Kathmandu, Pokhara and the Chitwan National Park. Once a commercial centre along the trade route to Tibet, the hilltop town not only overlooks the incredible expanse of the Marsyanngdi river valley, but also offers a breathtaking sweep of the Himalayan range. With its glorious 18th century architecture, absence of motorized vehicles and restaurant tables set out on the bazaar, it has a distinct European feel. Yet Bandipur remains very much a living community, full of farmers and traders going about their business. Read more
March 31, 2014
Peaceful Pokhara has a prime position beside a deep green lake, nestling among forested hills with a picture-postcard backdrop of gleaming Himalayan peaks. Pokhara Valley at 827 meters above sea level and 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu is one of the most picturesque spots in Nepal. Nepal’s second biggest tourist town may lack the historical depth of Kathmandu, but it more than makes up for this with a seductively laid-back vibe and one of the country’s most spectacular locations. Its pristine air, spectacular backdrop of snowy peaks, serene lakes and surrounding greenery make it ‘the jewel in the Himalaya’, a place of remarkable natural beauty. The beauty of the valley is enhanced by its lakes — Phewa, Begnas,and Rupa, which have their source in the glacial region of the Annapurnas. Pokhara Valley, gateway to the Annapurna region where many a trekker finds his Shangri-la, sits high on the list of ‘must visit’ places in Nepal. Read more
March 21, 2014
Get lost in the wild as you traverse through the exotic land of Nepal. Apart from the mysterious Himalayas, Nepal also flaunts exhilarating wildlife habitation that allures animal-lovers and naturalists worldwide. Believed to be the Amazon of Asia, Nepal is endowed with rich biodiversity and diverse landscape. Because of the variance in climate, from tropical to arctic, Nepal has a large variety of plants and animals. The steamy jungles in Terai plains are home to tigers, elephants, monkeys, rhinos, bears, deer, crocodiles, leopards, river dolphins and a staggering 867 species of birds. Whereas snow leopard, red panda, Himalayan-tahr (mountain goat), blue sheep, yaks are the wild inhabitants that are found in the high altitude in Himalayas. With biogeography this rich and diverse, Nepal has several national parks, sanctuaries and reserves brimming with wildlife that hold a significant place in preserving the endangered species such as one horn-rhinoceros and the last remaining Bengal tigers. Altogether ten national parks, three wildlife reserves and three conservation areas have been established in Nepal recognizing the magnitude of bio-diversity. Himalayan Glacier takes you to various wildlife sanctuaries making your acquaintance with the wild unforgettable.
Chitwan National Park:
The world-heritage listed Chitwan National Park is regarded as Nepal’s most popular national park, both for its abundance of animals and its accessibility to Kathmandu. Jungle safari and Elephant shower are the most sought after attraction of this park. Some of the animals which can be seen in here are tiger, one-horned rhinoceros, leopard, wild bear, crocodile and more.
February 2, 2014
Prepare to travel with us in the thriving destinations to celebrate your weekend getaways. Our perfect weekend getaways in the company of spectacular mountain vistas passing through the quaint mountain trails help you explore cultural diversity prevailed at the foothills of Himalayas. By being part of perfect weekend getaways explore the culturally rich traditional villages, witness the temples and ancient pagodas, and enjoy the terraced mountain fields. Our perfect getaways step into the world of nature, culture, and mountains at a time.
Royal Trek follows a shrub like path along the foothills of Annapurna. The top getaway allows you the chance to capture traditional lifestyles of the tribes whose ancient religious practices and traditions have remained unchanged for thousands of years in the Annapurna region. This trip begins in the beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara and passes through beautiful Gurung hamlets. During the trek, you are able to enjoy stunning views of the eloquently built hillside terraces, and magnificent views of Annapurna and Langtang Himalayan ranges.
December 11, 2013
Have you been to Everest Base Camp or planning ahead to go at Annapurna Sanctuary? Or still thinking to go beyond these beaten trails of Nepal Himalayas? Calm down the volcanic desires that are erupting into your heart to capture the breathless travel experience. Nepal has still to offer beyond Himalayan trails. We take you to the numerous hill stations in Nepal that are capable of imprint lasting traveler experience. The hill stations found throughout Nepal are really beautiful and capable of imparting the true travel experience in the Himalayas.
- Nagarkot, located 32 kilometers east of Kathmandu, is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Nepal. While enjoying the spirit of Kathmandu Tour, you can cover this top hill station near Kathmandu. The scenic site is popular for its breathtaking sunrise view of the Himalayas. Nagarkot has become famous as one of the best spots to view Mt. Everest as well as other snow-capped peaks of the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal. It also offers an excellent view of the Indrawati River Valley to the east. With an elevation of 2,195 meters, Nagarkot also caters a panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley. Along with number of spectacular views, the hill station is also best for short treks.
- Bandipur, midway on the Prithivi Highway between Kathmandu and Pokhara, is a picturesque Newari town that still retains much of its centuries-old appeal. The scenic hill station offers an exciting mix of history, architecture, incredible views, awesome caves and unspoiled landscapes. Located at an altitude of 1,030 m, it has been described as a natural view tower, providing a spectacular panorama of the entire Annapurna Range plus the peaks of Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and Langtang to the Marsyangdi valley. Apart from these, a short visit to this hill station also provides you a chance to intermingle with Newari culture that reflects the refined civilization of the Kathmandu Valley. Bandipur is also a great place for adventure sports like paragliding, caving, rock climbing, and hiking.
- Gorkha (1000m), another must go in hill station in Nepal, is well recognized for great historical significance, and panoramic view of snow-capped mountains. The historical Gorkha Durbar Palace is situated on the top of the fortified hill above the township. Above Gorkha Palace you can see the spectacular views of Manaslu and Himalchuli. Along with these, the hill station is also popular for the temple of Goddess Gorakhkali, the statue of Gorakhnath Baba, Gorakhnath Cave, and Manakamana Temple around its vicinity. Visiting Gorkha means you are automatically roaming in the Manaslu Region of Nepal. Beyond Gorkha if you like to cover more areas of the region you can go for a long day’s trek to Besishahar, which is the popular junction for starting Annapurna and Manang treks.
- Ilam, one of the top hill stations in Nepal to go in 2014, is full of pristine landscapes of slopes tea gardens, mountain streams, dense natural forests, holy sites and cultural diversity. At first, the naturally rich hill station is popular for botanical research. It is because different species of medicinal plants, rare animals, insects as well as numerous migratory birds are found in the area. For the religious visitors, the hill station rewards with Mai Pokhari – a religious spot which is considered as the sacred abode of Goddess Bhagawati. Kanyam on the way to Ilam Bazaar is a lovely paradise for sightseers. Including beautiful views the tea estate, Kanyam makes you helpless to capture the picturesque views from Mt. Kanchenjunga. If you really want to explore the beautiful hill station, then make a Tea Garden Tour of Ilam.
- Dharan, the finest gateway to Makalu Base Camp Trek, is a popular hill station in the eastern part of Nepal. Along with holding more than 25 important pilgrimage sites and temples in its surrounding, the hill station also gives a tremendous passage to tourist attractions of the eastern hills of Nepal: Dhankutta, Taplejung, Kumbhakarna Himal, Kanchenjunga, Makalu-Varun National Park, Arun Valley, Tinjure-Milke, Hyatrung Fall, and Sabha Pokhari. Other interesting attraction of Dharan is the Charles Tower which is located at Bhedetar – 9km north of Dharan. From the top of Charles Tower you can see a panoramic view of the fort, hills, waterfalls, forests, and high Himalayan range. Beyond Bhedetar, you can travel to Dhankuta, Raja Rani Hill, Hile Bazaar, and Basantapur. Basantapur, another hill top station 90km away from Dharan, is the starting point for Kanchanjunga Base Camp Trek.
- Daman, located at 80km south-west of Kathmandu on Tribhuvan Highway, is well known for the breathtaking views of large section of the Himalayan range stretching from Mt. Everest in the East to Mt. Dhaulagiri in the West. The hill station in addition to the mountain views also gives an opportunity to interact with the local people. If you are really interested to capture grandest vistas for the top of the hill station then it is better to go with Nepal Sunrise Tour.
- Phulchowki (2,762m), the highest among the hills surrounding the Kathmandu Valley, is 20km southeast of Kathmandu. The hilltop station is mostly visited by those travelers who really want to capture the grand view of entire Kathmandu Valley and enjoy the majestic sights of Himalayas. Adding to this, Daman looks very much pretty once it erupts with dazzling blooms of rhododendron and orchids during spring.
- Dhulikhel (1550m), a scenic hill station around 30km east of Kathmandu, is an ideal location for spectacular snow-capped peaks. Along with the panoramic view of the Himalayan range, the scenic spot also is visited for perfect sunrise and sunset views. Basically the international visitors who are making Extended Kathmandu Valley Tour can explore Dhulikhel – a small town with Newari Heritage. Besides, the hill station is also suitable for short treks around the several ancient temples located in the area namely at Namobuddha and Panauti.
- Kakani, a spectacular hill station to go in 2014, is another fantastic site for viewing the mountain scenery. Only two hours north-west of Kathmandu, one can see the mountain landscape of central Nepal, a vast collection of majestic peaks stretching from Ganesh Himal to the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. Rhododendrons growing wild on the mountain slopes begin to bloom in late winter and stay in bloom for several months, giving the village even more charm. This spot is popular for short drive, picnic and distance spectacular views of Himalayas.
- Godavri, a top hill station 14 kilometer to the south of Kathmandu, is a small village below Phulchowki where the Royal Botanical Gardens, and Department of Medicinal Plants are located. But this is not all that makes Godavari a paradise on earth. The setting is unquestionably majestic. Besides enchanting mountain views, Godavari offers a distinct taste of ancient Newari and hill tribe culture. The surroundings area of Godavri fulfills the desire of peaceful living.
December 8, 2013
Nepal has been voted as travellers’ first choice in Asia for upcoming destinations and third choice globally.
TRAVEL website TripAdvisor on December 3, 2013 disclosed the winners of its 2013 Travellers’ Choice Awards for Destinations on the Rise. Trip Advisor, an international travel site, revealed the top ten winners of its Travelers Choice 2013. The list is based on reviews and votes of travelers. The destinations on rise category rates the places that have seen the biggest increase in positive reviews from travelers on the site over the past year. Kathmandu is mystical and magical place, a trove of ancient structures that are enveloped in folklore, Trip Advisor describes the city. The site claims to have over 260 million unique visitors monthly and operates in 34 countries, including China.
Kathmandu is the only destination to make it to the list from south Asia. Other destinations from Asia include Isreal, Japan and Vietnam. Kathmandu has also been named the best backpack destination by Australian travelers in the site.
Highlighting 54 spots globally based on the consolidated reviews and opinions of TripAdvisor travellers, topping the list for Asia is Kathmandu in Nepal, and for the world, Havana in Cuba.
The top 10 Asian destinations are:
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- Sapporo, Japan
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Hua Hin, Thailand
- Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Sanur, Indonesia
- Macau, China
- Jaipur, India
- Busan, South Korea
The top 10 destinations in the world, which includes three Asian desitnations, are:
- Havana, Cuba
- La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- Jerusalem, Israel
- Crusco, Peru
- Ambergris Caye, Belize
- Sapporo, Japan
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Corralejo, Spain
- Fortaleza, Brazil
source : Nepal Tourism Board, 06 DEC 2013
December 3, 2013
Make each moment of your travel experience memorable. Either you are joining for a group tour or private journey or adventure tour or tailor-made holiday it must come with great travel experience. Whether you are meeting with local community in remote mountain range or engaged in discovering flora and fauna of Himalayas or want to capture breathless beauty of snow capped world’s top peaks every moment makes sense in your life. In overall, to gain optimum travel experience you better have to go for perfect stays that guarantee the ultimate joy of travelling in the Himalayas. Hence, if you are thinking for tremendous travel experience in the forthcoming year then select our top 6 perfect stays for 2014 which are depicted here.
- Nepal Village Home Stay Tour, one of the perfect stays in Nepal for 2014, gives you an opportunity to be part of the ethnic village of Nepal. This itinerary has been devised for those visiting Nepal seeking for a combination of cultural and natural exposure especially by staying with the village family. The tour gives you a real taste of Nepalese way of village life. The trip starts with a day’s home-stay in the Kapan village of Kathmandu Valley. After covering the landmarks of Kathmandu valley, you move towards at the picturesque town of Tansen in the lap of Srinagar Hills. The next few days will be spent in discovering the ethnic mountain village of Sirubari. The trip encompasses some of the most spectaculars natural and cultural destinations of Nepal and you will enjoy the company of dozens of waterfalls and mountains, flora and fauna, and rural villages sprawled over the mountains representing a variety of ethnic groups and cultures.
- Tsum Valley Trek, the top stay trip of Nepal for 2014, helps you to discover the secret Tibetan Buddhist lying at the edge of one of the most secluded Himalayan valleys of Manaslu region. Manaslu region is still less exposed in comparison to other touristy areas, with relatively virgin and less beaten paths. Very few travelers have made it to this high and mysterious valley, which used to be an important trade link with Tibet. Furthermore, the trek to Tsum Valley takes you into the majestic surroundings of the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, and Boudha Himal ranges. While on the trek, you pass through the alpine forests, glacial rivers, and enjoy the warm hospitality of ethnic people and also visit the ancient Gombas of the region such as: Rachen Gompa,Mu Gompa, Dephyudonma Gompa. The people of Tsum Valley or the Tsumbas belong to Tibetan origin with their own ancient form of dialect, art, culture and religion.
- Eco-Community Cultural Trek, one of the perfect stays in the Himalayas for 2014, lets you experience the beautiful mountain vistas and the rich cultural heritage of the Annapurna region in western Nepal. The Eco-Community Cultural Trek trail takes you to the heart of the farming community while having one of the world’s highest mountains as the back drop. This trip will also get you acquainted with the beautiful Rhododendron forests, sacred Hindu temples, lakes with stunning views of the Annapurna. Also, this is a community based trip where you will be staying in community managed lodges or hotels. The eco-community trek basically highlights your interaction with the locals people of Annapurna region.
- Langtang Valley Trek, one of the top highlights of 2014 perfect stay in Nepal Himalayas, takes you to the famous Langtang valley and the Ganja La Pass (5122m/16,800 ft). The Langtang region, famous for Gosaikunda lakes, is as wild as any Tibetan highlands. Besides, the company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of most diverse treks near Kathmandu. The people living the highlands of the Langtang region are certainly the Nepalese, being the descendant of the Tibetan origin, they still look like Tibetans. Furthermore, during the trek you also make an interesting excursion to Tserko Ri (5,000m/16,404ft) which offers tremendous views of the Langtang Himalaya range. While trekking in the region you also come across Helambu region, delightful villages, and some beautiful rice terraces.
- Tamang Heritage Trek, a perfect stay for traveling like a local, passes through Syabrubesi, Gatlang, Tatopani, Thuman, Briddim and ultimately reaches to Langtang village. In addition to catering exciting trekking experiences in the Himalayas, the heritage trek without doubt offer a test of mountain adventure and Himalayan culture of Tamang community at a time. The Langtang region is as wild as any Tibetan highlands with idyllic rural landscape and the rich cultural heritage of ethnic Nepalese Tamang people. Langtang is also the region of ancient Tibetan monasteries, rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, snow-capped Himalayas, and many sacred lakes. Despite being just a few hours’ drive from Kathmandu, the trek along the off the beaten track of the rural and rugged mountains dotted with chortens, stupas and prayer flags make every trekker marvel why the country is called a “walker’s paradise”.
- Nepal Holiday Tour, one of the great and perfect stays in Nepal, covers most of Nepal’s natural and cultural grandeur with some fun filled activities such as mountain flight, jungle tour, boat riding, etc. The trip starts with a visit to four of Kathmandu’s Heritage Sites before embarking on a mountain flight. After making a superb mountain flight over the whole Himalayan Range including the Mt. Everest, you make a visit to the two medieval cities famous for their arts and architectures – Patan and Bhaktapur. Furthermore, driving deep into the mountains of Daman you enjoy a typical mountain experience. Driving further deep, you spend a day at Bandipur and continue your journey to the fantastic Lake City of Pokhara. After Pokhara, you visit to Lumbini – the birthplace of Buddha, stopping by a picturesque town of Tansen on the way. While returning from Lumbini, you stop at Chitwan Jungle and discover Chitwan National Park – UNESCO World Heritage Site.