Discover the 2014’s hottest mountain trekking trails in South Asia’s remote Himalayan region. The 2014’s hottest trekking trails let you explore vivacious cultural diversity, fervent faith in religion, ferocious mountain dwellers, tremendous variety of flora and fauna, and spectacular mountain vistas of the Himalayas. Latent with the motive of extreme mountain trekking adventure, the following mentioned mountain trails let you experience the true spirit of Himalayas.
- Everest Base Camp Trail, traverses through the land of world’s ferocious mountaineers – Sherpa, and the center of Buddhism in the tallest mountain region of the world. The hottest mountain trail for 2014 offering the tastes of life time adventure trekking takes you to the yard of Everest Region where four of the world’s six tallest peaks Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, and Cho Oyu rise above everything else. The legendary trail in the Khumbu region even passes through the landmarks of Everest Region, capital of Sherpa Culture – Namche Bazaar, various Buddhist monasteries, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and flora and fauna found in the higher altitudes. To the most, the adventurous trail lands you to the base camp of tallest mountain in the World.
- Mt. Kailash Trail, one of the hottest mountain trails for holy trips in 2014, is basically known for its religious value, cultural significance, spiritual importance and awesome nature. The heavenly beauty of Mount Kailash is not only fascinating, it is also one of the greatest pilgrimage destinations for Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Bon religions from around the world. The Kailash Region also includes the two turquoise-blue, pristine high-altitude lakes and that are Mansarovar and Rakshesa. Another uniquely contributing fact to the spiritual aspect of Kailash is that four most sacred rivers of the Indian sub-continent begin from here and those are Sutlej, Karnili, Brahmaputra and Indus. The trail helps you discover almost all the treasures found in the Kailash region.
- Everest High Passes Trail, one of the hottest mountain trails for 2014, helps you discover the world famous demanding high passes of Everest Region and these are namely Kongma La (5,535), Cho La (5420m) and Renjo La (5,340m). Climbing these high passes reward you breathtaking views of the most of the world’s tallest mountain peaks in the world. Adding to this, the hottest mountain trail also encompasses the must see landmarks of Everest region which include Gokyo Valley, Khumbu icefall, Kalapatthar, Sherpa Culture, Namche Bazaar, Tengboche Monastery, and many more. And to the extreme the hottest trail reaches at Everest Base Camp – the dream destination.
- Tibet Everest Trail encompasses the beautiful Himalayan landscapes of Tibet at the one hand and on the other side the mountain trail exposes you with rich Tibetan culture and history. Besides, introducing you with the popular landmarks of Tibet – Potala Palace, Norbulingka Palace, Tashilhunpo Monastery, Sera Monastery, Drepung Monastery, Rongbuk Monastery, and Sakya Monastery the trail ultimately reaches to the advance base camp of Everest. The mountain trail in Tibet also covers Namtso Lake – one of the holy lakes in the Himalayas.
- Everest Gokyo Lakes Trail takes you to the yard of fabulous Gokyo Valley, the large Ngojumba Glacier, the famous Cho La pass, the celebrated viewpoints – Gokyo Ri and Kala Patthar, and at its utmost Everest Base Camp. The trail further traverses through the landmarks of Everest region in the company of majestically soaring mountains, friendly Sherpas, colorful monasteries and prayer flags, the Namche Bazzar, the Sagarmatha National Park, and many more. The entire region that you are passing through this trail is blessed with abundance of naturally beautiful shimmering lakes.
- Makalu Trail reaches to the base camp of world’s 5th highest mountain in the vicinity of Mt Everest. Though Mt. Makalu is a close neighbor of Mt. Everest, you take a different trail to reach there. At first Kathmandu connects you with Tumlingtar and next the trail passes through the beautiful Barun River Valley in the Makalu Barun National Park. While heading to the Makalu Base Camp, you will enjoy the views of the highest mountains such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Chamlang, Mt. Baruntse and other mighty Himalayas along with Makalu (8481m) itself. Passing through the trail you will also encounter with a large variety of endangered flora and fauna protected in the region.
- Annapurna Circuit Trail, one of the most popular trekking routes for 2014, covers the entire Annapurna massif reaching at the summit of Thorong La Pass (5,416m). The circuit trail while taking you in the yard of Annapurna region passes through a diverse geographical and cultural variation of the region. The undulating trail passing through terraced rice farms, forests and friendly villages brings you the taste of a thrilling walk through the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki Gorge. While climbing up in the company of soaring Annapurna I (8,091m) and Dhaulagiri (8,167m) the trail brings you even at Manang and Muktinath.
- Upper Mustang Trail following through the off-the-beaten path in the spectacular Trans-Himalayan Region brings you into Lo-Mangthang- a walled city of Upper Mustang at the top of the Kaligandaki River. The Upper Mustang region hidden behind the majestic Himalaya ranges is full of some of Nepal’s oldest Buddhist Monasteries, ancient and isolated villages, and inaccessible caves. In addition, the undulating trail passing through the world’s deepest Kaligandaki gorge Region in the company of panoramic views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and several other peaks helps you explore the centuries old isolated culture, lifestyle and heritage prevailed in the region.
- Kanchenjunga Trail lets you intermingle with the thriving culture and society of north eastern corner of Nepal Himalayas. Kanchenjunga (8,586m), the third tallest in the Himalayan Range, is considered as one of the most beautiful mountain massifs in the world. The circuit trail is popular among nature enthusiasts as it is a long adventure to the most remote and beautiful area of Himalayas in Nepal.
- Annapurna Base Camp Trail, one of the most stunning trekking trails for 2014, takes you to the base camp of Mt. Annapurna (8091m) – the 10th highest mountain in the world. This stimulating trail passing through waterfalls, villages, farmlands, rhododendron forests, and snow capped mountain vistas of Annapurna Region brings you at a diverse geographical and cultural variation of Annapuran region and eventually let you experience the soaring eight thousanders – Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri
Latest posts by Himalayan Glacier (see all)
- Explore India’s 10 Top Most Tourist Attractions - Dec 4, 2017
- 7 reasons to go for Langtang Valley Trek - Nov 15, 2017
- 10 Facts about Namche Bazaar for a Trekker in the Everest Region - Nov 6, 2017